Starcraft is choppy

Whenever I start to play after a while my game freezes for a second and then it becomes choppy. I meet the requirements and everything. I’m stumped.

Hey SneakyRingo,

I would first make sure that your drivers are updated and that you have checked for overheating. These are big causes for choppy performance in Starcraft 2.

You can also try rebooting using Selective Startup, which would help eliminate the possibility of something running in the background causing the performance drop.

Press Windows Key+R.
Type msconfig and press Enter.
Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
Select the Services tab.
Check Hide all Microsoft services.
Note: Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
Click Disable all.
Click Apply then click OK.
Click Restart.

If the issue goes away, you can go back in and re-enable things little by little to figure out which process or service might be interfering with the game making it choppy.

Hopefully that will help!

Thank you for trying to help. I’ve tried out your solution but it didn’t fix my problem.

Hey again,

Were you able to check the temperatures and see what those were reaching for the CPU and GPU?

Feel free to post your DXDIAG and we can take another look.

you can use core temp to monitor your cpu temprature and asus gpu tweak to monitor your gpu temprature.

Yes I was able to see the temperatures, though I’m not able to post the MSInfo file.

that didn’t work, and my in game menu doesn’t even respond anymore, it was chop but now as soon as the game loads, I my the game doesn’t respond

A post was split to a new topic: Kullen - Stutters and Crashes