StarCraft II 5.0.11 Patch Notes

NO NEW TEAMGAME MAPS!!! COME ON GUYS… PLEASE UPDATE THE 2v2 MAP POOL!

Btw,

• Hydralisk’s Damage point is still 1.4 atm. Yet patch note says 1.5 went to 1.0, which is false.
  • Cyclone Mag-Field Accelerator changed from +20armor to +10 all. False. You’ve changed the button’s tooltip, that’s great. Not the actual upgrade.

Should I find anything else?
I mean, you have someone change numbers on the multi dependency and he can’t even do it right.

…Multiplayer is based on “faster” speed. That is 1.4x normal speed.

All editor values are “normal” speed. To get the in-game values, you need to multiply or divide values accordingly with the game-speed.

That 0.14 second damage point in the editor is 0.1 seconds in-game; which is exactly what was specified in the patch notes.

2 Likes

I’ve edited my reply above, I’m finding more errors. I get it for the time argument, but there is no reason for the Cyclone’s lock-on that is still granting +20 armored.

You are right about that one. The underlying upgrade is still adding +20 anti-armor damage.

3 Likes

So it wasn’t just a bug in my own extension mod! (I fixed that in version 1.1). So yeah, upgraded Cyclones do 50 damage against Armored, which is just a little bit ridiculous. Shows the importance of testing every change, even just against an easy AI to ensure your upgrades are working etc.

It would be more useful for creep killing and potentially a harasser in TvZ. Raven isn’t very useful in TvZ pre patch so I wouldn’t be too worried about it post patch. When combining the Raven + Liberator cost reduction we can now produce much heavier tech armies earlier significantly increasing the strength of terran overall. But this is ofc offset with other changes like the major late game ghost nerf which are quite noticeable. My biggest issue with the Raven change from my playtesting is that TvT is even more chaotic in the early game as the Raven arrives earlier as do all subsequent ones really taxing your attention in all your bases. What is nice is if you have a tank nearby you can kill the turret reasonably quickly and not need to pull your SCV’s. Turrets are next to useless in actual fights now as they have 1/3 less HP and less armor so die super fast but the toolbox utility of actually being able to fit Ravens into many more builds (think TvP how easy it is to parry DT’s with a cheaper Raven). Oddly enough with the Anti Armor missile nerf, I think this ability will be used more in this patch than it ever has been prior due to the reduction in turret capability in an actual fight.

1 Like

I do worry about some of the 1-base TvTs that often used a Viking or Medivac to spot for the Siege Tank, and sometimes even a Liberator. A Raven could make this stronger since they can arrive faster to disable a defending Siege Tank or throw down an Auto-Turret in the mineral line while they’re besieged.

No, it is 20 base damage, with +20 versus armored with the upgrade; just like before.

Oh right, I thought it was adding 10 (+20 vs. Armored) instead of just 10. My mistake.