Starcraft crashes to desktop with no error message after the latest Patch

Hello!

Well, the title is a bit self explanatory, but for some context: I am a SC2 streamer and when getting ready to cast the latest day of the WarChest Team League the game updated to its latest version. The transmission rolls over on Friday and everything works perfectly for about 5 hours, point on which the game simply crashed to the Desktop - no error message - and also showing as if I was disconnected from the game and attempting to reconnect for the other casters, players and 7k+ viewers. I reopened SC2 to which it once again worked perfectly for about four other games until it crashed once more when I was entering a lobby and a final time during the course of said lobby.

Being a caster for me it is normal for the game to be running at 8+ hours at a time with absolutely no bumps. My system drivers are all up to date and mt BNet client says there are no issues found with my game files. I am reinstalling my game as we speak, but I would like help to find a solution so that this problem doesn’t happen again. Since the only change I had from the previous day to Friday morning was the newest Patch it seems to be evident that that was what caused my crashes, although BNet’s client seems unable to find/fix the issue.

My DxDiag:
pastebin. com/qjL19tAD

My MSInfo:
pastebin. com/xqv5PaKC)

Thank you for your attention.

EDIT:

Hello guys!

Do we have any news on this? It literally just happened at the EU ESL Open Cup #31, this time 4 hours into the stream and lagging the game for 5k+ viewers. Reinstalling the game didn’t help and BNet says there are no repairs needed for SC2.

Hey, caiobex! Thank you for the details on the issue! I checked to see if there were any crash reports that may show up on our end, and it doesn’t appear that any crash reports were sent to us. After checking the files, there’s a few things that could be causing the crashing with no errors.

1. There’s a program known as Diebold Warsaw or Gbuster that is a security program. It’s been well known to cause the game to crash without any errors which might be the situation here. Updating the program or removing it may help. A normal uninstall won’t fix the issue, but there is a guide here that may be helpful on removing the program.

2. The graphics drivers are fairly out of date from July 2019. Let’s try updating the drivers and performing a clean reinstall.

3. There were some bad_module_info errors recently on the system as well. It may help to try checking for Windows updates and running through a disk and file scan repair.

4. This seems very unlikely to cause the issue, but the network protocols haven’t been reset in a while. There have been some situations where connection may cause the game to close or not launch properly. It may help to reset the network devices and reset the network settings:

1. Click on the Start Menu
    2. Select on the Settings :gear: option.
    3. In the Windows Settings, click on “Network & Internet”
    4. Near the bottom of the new window, click on “Network Reset”

Try again, and if it persists, try rebooting to help with the changes made from the Network Reset.

Hopefully, this does the trick and gets you back to streaming :slight_smile: If the problem continues, we may need to dig deeper into the system and the Windows Error Reporting since this one seems to have been cut down or reset after an update. Could you contact our technical support team directly to take a look at the system? We can request any additional logs or information to get a better idea of whats causing the no error crashes.