Starcraft crashes at start up

I keep getting a 00000 Error. Sometimes it lets me get to the authentication screen. That it crashes. Is anyone able to help? What should I do?

Thank you!

1 Like

Same here ! As well as the game is getting stuck at small loading window right after I hit the “Play” from the Blizzard App

try resetting in game options from the blizzard browser. If that doesn’t work scan and repair, if that doesn’t work try making it open in windowed mode and see if that works.

Let me know

Btw RavenHul your avatar is hot

Thank you Tbone! Also I tried every last one of those steps, and it didn’t work.

Here’s where things get bizarre. My computer is divided into two separate partitions. I have windows 10 installed on both. One I use very frequently. The other hasn’t really been updated in a while. However, on the old partition, starcraft 2 works just fine. It doesn’t crash or anything. Strange, isn’t it?

Howdy!

Reviewing the carsh logs, they appear to directly point towards OneDrive causing this crash as it’s backing up the Documents\StarCraft II folder which is taking ownership of the documents.

C:\Users\YourWindowsName\OneDrive\Documents\StarCraft II\

The fix for this would be to set up OneDrive to exclude the Documents or exclude Docouments\Starcraft folder following the steps Here.

Thank you.

I’m also getting this problem. Tried deleteing battle.net tools folder from 4 years ago, restarted my computer a bunch, reset in-game options, uninstalled/reinstalled, nothing works. It launched one time which makes it more frustrating.

Did you try making a new user-account and naming it SC2.

This is what I had to do to play.

So when I want to play SC2 I log out of my main account on my mac and then I log into the user which I named SC2

It seems like some of the partitioning / etc got bugged in patch 5.0.9 and I needed to make a new user account that was named SC2 to fix it.

Though the problem here is that I believe there was another step to this workaround… I know there was a thread somewhere in these forums about this.

EDIT

Sorry Nevermind, I believe what I said is for macOS only.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.