Starcraft 2 insta-crashing

Whenever I start SC2 it crashes, giving me the all-zero error code. I’ve tried disabling onedrive from syncing with my documents folder, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I’ve tried deleting an old battle.net folder, nothing seems to work.

1 Like

Hey there,

Let’s go ahead and have you post a ‘DxDiag’ so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Here it is.

Hey Jaellion,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide that DxDiag file! When reviewing the Windows Error Reporting section, there are a number of “InPageError” events being logged. Searching this specific error did not lead me to any obvious cause, but this specific error does indicate that the system is experiencing instability. I’ve copied one of the error entries below:

The P1 entry “c0000242” is the reference code for these errors, and all of the InPageErrors have this same reference code. Due to the nature of troubleshooting Windows, we are a bit limited in how we can assist with these sorts of issues. If you choose to troubleshoot this yourself, you can check to ensure all system components are correctly seated, check for overheating components and scan for potentially missing or damaged Windows system files. If you have no luck, it may be best to contact a certified local computer technician to diagnose the system. Alternatively, Microsoft’s Support team may be able to discern additional information from the system or error logs.

I hope this info helps! Let us know if you have any questions going forward.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.