SPOILERS: Tosh and Nova

At the end of the day Zeratul’s warning didn’t have an impact on Raynor. His sole preoccupation at the start of HotS was to leave with Kerrigan to presumably become the Space Ingalls.

Do this mental exercise your friend collaborates with the enemy, and is targeting the woman who was at least a friend, whose her state you feel responsible and her loss generated a decline in your life and introduced you into a war against the regime that you helped establish, defending kerrigan is quite justified, no matter how much you like him bromance
The ptoblem with Tosh is that he has left the character to avoid annulling the sensation and choice in WoL, but fundamentally Nova and Tosh are strongly intertwined, and I also hope they take it back which will be given Co-op is still active and a campaign would be great or a game completely together with nova

Zeratul gave perspective on the scale of the situation, but as everyone’s personal perspective is still very important, Raynor could aspire to the simple life he wanted from his first wife.

“Tell me, Jon, if the day should ever come when your lord father must needs choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?”… Lord Eddard is a man in ten thousand. Most of us are not so strong. What is honor compared to a woman’s love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms… or the memory of a brother’s smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy… A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there’s no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor. Yet soon or late in every man’s life comes a day when it is not easy, a day when he must choose."A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there’s no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor. Yet soon or late in every man’s life comes a day when it is not easy, a day when he must choose.
–Aemon Targaryen

I don’t think the branching choices, well at least for the Tosh/Nova choice, were really serious in terms of story. It’s obvious playing it that the Tosh choice is indisputably canonical. The Nova cutscene is comedic, while the Tosh one is thoughtful, philosophical. Touching music, character development. A massive boon for Raynor’s Raiders, in terms of the people they’ve freed. Nova’s choice? Just killing your own.

It’s not a bad idea. It clearly demarcates what is canon within the game itself, instead of relying on a future game to be the arbitrator. Quite wise to have a poor choice and a good choice storywise. Compare it to say Deus Ex where they had to actually merge the endings.

1 Like

The point of criticism is lack of continuation of Tosh’s story.

Or the fact that Safe Haven is canon and SUCKS balls.

Not gonna lie, I went with Nova and I felt bad. For Tychus.

2 Likes

I guess he went through his arc, after all, he appeared in comics, novel, etc. He’s just like Raynor. The Dominion is gone, now what? The hunter is nothing without the hunt. Best to think Safe Haven was some sort of Amon trickery…

I wouldn’t call Tosh and Raynor alike at all.

Tosh is true to himself unlike Raynor. Tosh knew that Vengeance was the main motivation.

Tosh can still work as a merc though.

And Nova meeting Tosh with her mind free and unindoctrinated might be very interesting.

Raynor and Tosh were in a pretty similar mental space for a long time. They both lost everything they had to Mengsk and had given up on their greater ideals due to rage and fatigue. We know Raynor crawled out of that space at the end of Wings due to Kerrigan. We don’t know what Tosh did, but given that he stayed with the Raiders, he cant have done anything too terrible.

Good ole Tychus was a better man than the both of them together.

That could make a pretty nice comic

I wonder what the other two classes are going to be for D4.

I assuming there will be a bow class of some sort. I’d guess they’ll bring back the Demon Hunter.

Necro would be popular but I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to be on team evil this time.

I personally would love to see the Witch Doctor back, though I’m probably in the vast minority on that one. Maybe a holy warrior of some sort?

They could bring back the Rogues, since they seem to be going for nostalga this game.

Yeah, Id be down for that. I also realize I definitely put this in the wrong thread. Oh well.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I never played or cared for Diablo too much. The first time I got into the lore a bit was when I downloaded Heroes of the Storm the first time and I saw him.

The Skeleton King. I was blown away! Personally, I’m a sucker for undeath and necromancy, so I’d want that.

Look at the ending. Jim’s in the bar, drinking, just like he was in the comics and at the start. Everyone’s relevant but him. His protege is the new commander of the Dominion military… He’s like a soldier, like in the Hurt Locker or Apocalypse Now… and the only thing that saves him is something introduced to him in the greatest war of all time.

Even his civilian wife Lidya was nothing, really. Her and John were gone. Ever since he enlisted in the Guild Wars all he was meant for was war.

Wait why are you telling me this?

In HOTS in the second mission, when Nova is saying something to Reynor, there are 2 different line options. If you chose Tosh, Nova would say that she remembered the Tosh situation and that she’ll never forgive him. If you chose Nova, she would say thatt she would regret arresting Reynor but it’s her job so she has no choice.

Are you going to necro every thread from 2 years ago?

1 Like