Sounds not working - workaround

So, I know this has been posted about before, but none of the fixes I’ve found has worked for me so I’m kind of reopening it - I can’t get sounds to work. SC2 mutes my entire PC and I can’t find any workaround which actually works for it. Anyone got any tips on how to fix it? And before I get a reply from support here about “Voice Chat issues with Bluetooth Headsets” - It works on literally every other game I’ve tried without problems, with or without voice chats. The issue here is clearly not the headset.

Also, I saw a post related to this where Blizzard said they’d update us with info regarding if it was intentional or not to remove the Voice options but I can’t find any info about it, what’s the word on that? I mean the post was in June (?) of 2022, so they must’ve said something at least.

As I was typing this I found a new workaround. In Variables.txt (C:/Users/Username/Documents/StarCraft II), change voicechat=false to voicechat=true and Voicechatoutput=Default to Voicechatoutput=(name of output device here, if you’ve selected it in the menu for normal sounds it’s the same as soundoutput). Will there ever be a non-fiddly fix for this?

btw ive had bluetooth speakers hooked up to this multiple times and they have always worked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.