Some Karax ideas and improvements

My personal opinion would be no. Based on the fact that offensive static is a rare scene in general (often overshadowed by ally’s performance when it does happen).

And the problem arise from player’s inability to position themselves on time and having enough resources (yet) not over spending resources to deal with wave/objective. So having the “extra bulk” isn’t really helping the true intent of this particular style.

That said, the extra HP definitely prevent punishment thus benefiting less experienced players more. So the two are separate in nature, if that makes sense.

Although I suppose there is a breaking point in HP increase, where it will tank long enough to open up Spear of Adun options. So that might as well change mastery to boost SoA instead.

Just my two cents though.

Any buffs made to things that are already very good as they are is downright power creep so Karax doesn’t need anything more for his repair beams.

How is it ineffective when matched with an all mech commander? Wouldn’t it be less effective with a no mech commander?

because reconstruction beam can only repair 5 units at a time(3 before it is upgraded). it also targets interceptors which further takes up the limited repair slots. if they doubled the number of targets, it would be more effective.

But it’s free healing, and it’s already effective. I’m all for buffing Karax, but that change would feel not needed.

Eehh i’d consider several other of the commander to be way better at defense than Karax is, especially Zeratul since his cannons essentially have infinite range and can destroy an attack wave before it even gets close.

1 Like

zeratuls cannons does more damage while karaxs cannons fire faster but, karaxs monolithes does more damage than zeratuls.

Yeah, but you’re comparing apples to oranges here. Zertaul’s cannons have the ability to both give themselves barriers, AND be used globally as an offensive weapon on a cooldown.
Karax’s defenses are completely static and require support from other buildings/units to reach maximum efficiency. Not to mention all the research.
Zeratul’s cannon’s upgrades are basically free, lol.

Zeratul vs. Karax cannons are almost an apples to oranges comparison since Zeratul is still “supposed to be” the “OP commander”

I have a feeling Blizzard will “fix” that by changing his Commander blurb, as opposed to actually making his units powerful.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is, Zeratul’s canons are better in every way.

Since Karax is supposed to be the Protoss static defence commander, doesn’t it seem off that his static defences are so hopelessly outclassed?

4 Likes

Zeratul’s Cannons are worse in one way: Cost
So any tweak to Karax’s cannons should probably make them cheaper to increase his uniqueness.

1 Like

Well, yes… Zeratul’s cannons are better in every way.
If you want defend, Zeratul can do that by project his cannon at the target location with no risk of losing anything.
If you want offense, Zeratul can also do that by project his cannon at the target location with no risk of losing anything.
So, yes… Zeratul’s cannons are better than Karax in every way.
Did I mention that he got free defensive building that stun everything with Monolith range?

2 Likes

here is an idea i just got: emergency battery. here is how it works: it is researched in the forge. then all of karax`s static defenses have power for up to 30 seconds without a pylon. it recharges when there is pylon power and discharges when the pylon is gone or disabled. that gives karax time to construct a new pylon or the phase shift(spotter ability that disables buildings) time to go away.

That seems unnecessary, but interesting. At least in my experience, I don’t usually lose pylons but salvage turrets/batteries.

Unnecessary and redundant. You can counter the Phase Shift by either using overlapping Pylons or using an Energizer’s Phasing Mode.

Another idea that wasn’t thought through.

Another example of not thinking before throwing any random idea out there.

Karax has instantaneous Pylon construction… and Energizer can deploy psi-field. Both of which are quick ways to prevent cannons from unpowering. Why in the world would Karax need another way to power cannons? Build more than 1 Pylon might be the simplest solution.

The concept requires the player to invest even more resource into another research (for a commander that is already overflowing with research), then it requires that the player play poorly by deploying a single Pylon, but there is MORE that Pylon needs to be destroyed, just so the cannons can have another 30s of life. The kicker is… enemies don’t aim for Pylons they attack the cannons… WOW :astonished: no way… :persevere:

2 Likes

You seem like a knowledgable fellow, not to mention a real forum crusader, so I’ll ask. I use the Khaydarin Monoliths pretty much everywhere I use the Photon Cannons. Do you think either one is better than the other in any significant way? I mean, I know the KM has better DPS but it’s gonna overkill a bunch of targets, etc.

What’s the consensus?

my idea would be very useful on dead of night where the spotters disables valuable pylons. think it was you who did not think it through. on the other hand: the monolith could use an improvement, like splash damage. that would really help on dead of night and other levels where there is a lot of enemies.

You should be putting energizers on phasing mode near the cannons to both buff the cannons and to provide power field for them should spotters disable the pylon, plus being in phasing mode reduces the energizer’s aggro rating and make it less likely to get attacked.

Karax’s AoE options are in his top bar and his colossus.

1 Like

More dumb ideas and nonsense rolling off the production line.