So is blizzard actually just done with starcraft 2 forever?

No balance patches? MAYBE we will still get some new maps every season, no more new skins…kinda depressing really. I enjoyed how the game would change over a certain course of time. I liked coming back months later and having to relearn how unit interactions and builds work it kept the game fresh.

2 Likes

No. 20 CHARACTERSS…

Yes… They brought up all the expansion packs they were promised upon… Its not going to change atleast drastically.

Sadly, Activision doesn’t bother with anything. Unless it is CoD: Warzone.

2 Likes

Yep pretty much, this is it

3 Likes

After the Blizz statement I tought at least we would get around 5 patches over a couple of years, but considering the current situation, I would say that unless ESL manages it, we won’t get any patch.

Blizzard should explicitly state that the game is in a state of balance and the squeals and squeaks of Terran/Zerg won’t do them any good.
From now-on the game will be “balanced” through maps.
If they had chosen this path from the start, this forum would not be in this sorry state.

Whine is like a fire: if you remove oxygen, the fire stops.
Oxygen was 4-5 Patches (Mainly protoss nerffs and terran buffs) each year that created this class of baby-terran-yapper-whiners.
I am so happy that the game has reached this mature and final state.

Hip hip hurrah.

2 Likes

You cannot expect a RTS game to be supported for much more than a decade.
“Keeping the game fresh” is part of why it died out so bad. It started poorly designed, and ended up a balance nightmare.

RTS does not work being “kept fresh”, it has be relatively static, so it becomes heavily player-dependent for match outcomes, not patch-dependent.
It is supposed to have a Meta, that is developed by human interaction with the mechanics and elements of the game, not by continuous balance patching.

5 Likes

Sad but true.
20 chars.

1 Like

R.I.P.

20 characters

No, they still have to do 2 things:

• Decide whether they turn the servers off
  • Decide whether they resell it

If they aren’t thinking about it right now, the time will come, eventually, so they are not “just done” with it.

What about continuously cheat protection?

Which is why Activision isn’t doing so well these days. Turns out when you abandon all your IPs and turn into a Fortnight knockoff company, you lose business. Who woulda thought that abandoning most of your IP could end so terribly!

2 Likes

You are right, I just wish they chose a different patch to end it on. Over the past 3 years they removed every “OP” build from the game but in practice this just means that the number of strategies dropped drastically and thus games are far less varied. As a zerg main, the removal infested terrans or the overlord elevator is certainly not something I’m complaining about, but was nerfing hydras really necessary? I think I would would like the game more if it was less “balanced” and more “fun”.

1 Like

S.C.3.

20 Characters

Who thought that losing 30% of the fanbase after 3 years could be for that reason? Nobody!

2 Likes

LUL blizzard is icarus bird. Have flown to close to sun…

It’s so sad, because it feels like if it just were in the right hands it could have been the coolest game on the planet.

I have a lot of good ideas, how to fix it even now. I know, I know, everybody thinks he could fix it, especially Blizz thought it a few years ago. But I’m very creative and thus confident. And because I think it’s possible, it makes the situation even more sad.

Well you see I think they will release SC3 in 2029/2030. Because Blizzard is greedy they will of course cash in on the opportunity. But Blizzard is also the most stubborn game developer in history. It will take them a LOOOOONNNGGG time to finally admit their mistakes and break it off with Activision. With an entirely new team in place and after people get sick off MMORPGs, FPS, and fighting games there will be more demand for a SC3. I think that is when it will happen. But you will have to wait several years.

1 Like

It is all up to ESL now … I hope.