Smurfing ruining games

LOL. You must be kidding or you are really smurfing yourself. I’m facing similar problems in diamond 3 league. I am matched against people who are multiple ex master (solo/team) and i even checked when they finished season in master league and then i checked their match history to analyze all losses and majority of them came under 2-3 minutes. Also it happens very frequently that guy quits in the 1st second of the game.

Yes people are smurfing. There is no denying that and smurfing is worse than hacking. Hackers are very scarce, but smurfing is the real problem. Soon i will drop to platinum and even there i won’t be able to beat anyone.

You know how you beat a smurf? You get better at the game. This isn’t a MOBA or whatever where your performance relies on others. No excuses :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been bnned from X5_pig chat some mins ago just bcause i wrote during his “educatioal” bronze to gm: this is not fair and is against trms of service.

I’ve been mass insulted then banned

This is blizzard’s guilt, and twich too. They both earn through this, and they both don’t respect their-self terms of service.

3 Likes

Oh man this thread is looking real similar to another thread that took place 1-2 years ago…

I’m convinced that anyone who doesn’t understand the master border bug at this point is no smarter than a floppy disk. Of course, smurfing is still very much a thing, and I don’t doubt the possibility that about half of your matches are against them.

And here’s some of my responses to people who try to justify smurfing:

1 Like

If smurf is slightly better than you (for example dia 1 vs dia 3) then after some training i can beat them, in fact in the past i was able to beat many ex master players). But if he finished in master league recently i will need at least one year of hard training to get close to his level.

I feel you i hate smurfs, it can get pretty frustrating. Still on what server do you play?
Im on EU D3 player, and I would say, depending on day, you get maybe 15-20% smurfs. Take note that i only put into this category poeple that freeloose to be in lower leagues. I do sometimes also play aginst much better opoonents, that simply came back or are advancing a new account. I dont mind those, and usually they are quite nice, not asses like smurfs.

this is not an answer. Those cowards bully poeple and ruin their fun. Its not ok. And good luck gettting better to beat some retired pro…

2 Likes

So for example those attached pics show freelossing matches, a smurf quiting withing first 30 seconds of the game.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/the-sweetest-thing/24701

Btw it was really sweet, I think I managed only one more time to beat a smurf.Obviously those werent that much better then me, when i face those with 250+ apm you can forget it.

You probably need less time than a year unless you’re less absorbent than a used maxi pad. This is sc2, not a doctoral thesis, lol. Just work on your efficiency and practice your reactions via unranked.

Yes, it is. Literally get better at the game, that’s how you beat a smurf. You’ve the solution…now you’ve a choice: get better at the game and wreck the smurfs, leave or keep whinging and get eye rolls.

That’s like combining the kid football league all the way up to college football and telling the kids “now you’ve a choice: get better at football and wreck those college students, leave or keep whinging and get eye rolls”

The ranking system exists for a reason - to pair you against those of similar level. What good does the system do if people take advantage of it to pair against someone of MUCH lower level than they are?

It’s not about the time and effort - it’s about the fact that he can’t punch that high up yet. This kind of talk screams “get good or leave” and is, in my opinion, a poor justification for allowing players of significantly higher skill level to punch lower at people who are multiple stages behind in terms of skill. There is a difference between naturally being paired against someone of higher skill and getting paired against someone that has intentionally lowered his rating to hit people of much lower skill level than he actually is. People can desire improvement without getting beaten down by bullies who are trying to justify their ego fuel as “training” for lower level players.

3 Likes

What the hell are you saying?

Do you know what is a elo system? What is a deviation standard? You can’t handle a player of 0,1-0,2 deviation standard better than you, this is why the elo system exists.

If you play against a smurf you have a random player that is potentially 1 or worse 2 deviation standard stronger than you, what are you saying about “improve yourself, focus, etc.?”

That is not the ground to face the smurf, that is a ranked match. You click on the button queue ranked to fight a player of your level, this is the pact with the company.

If you want to defeat a player stronger than you (and also in this scenario, how stronger than you? Cause a random smurf can be 0,2 devs, another random player can be 2 deviations) you can make a custom and invite him.

The EDUCATIONAL excuse is something crafted from those streamers to legittimate their bad behavior, they earn through those streams and we are so habit to see that that we’ve forgotten that is against rules.

4 Likes

That’s stupid, it’s a video game, physical size or fitness doesn’t mean anything here. No excuses unless you’ve a physical disability.

Look, I started off as a worker rusher in WoL, I was so bad that I couldn’t get past gold and now I’m fairly decent. Want to know why? Because after I realized there’s no point in complaining, I focused on getting better.

No. Excuses.

So…if the smurf is better than you…are you going to complain on a forum about it or are you going to practice so you can beat those smurfs?

Says a lot about a person’s personality, either way.

Again. Lissen I try to explain to you in another way.

If I a big bully enters in your home and punches your family, the police have to intervene and he goes to jail.
If you go to gym, learn martial arts etc. you can defeat that bully, but the police have to intervene and he has to go to jail anyway.

If you can improve yourself and beat a platinum smurf, this won’t solve the issue. Can you understand that? None in this world can potentially become grand master and much more others don’t have time to grow (or at least in a very short time), this is why the elo system exists (read chess story).

You pay (free to play or not, is a service where blizz earn in a way) for a service elo regulated, you’re not the one who have the responability to defeat a smurf (it’s not your duty), you DESERVE as customer a clean elo system in all scenarios (you don’t have to meet smurfs in a elo system game).

1 Like

This is nonsense, lol.

Assault is a crime. Smurfing isn’t.
If you improve and beat the smurf that DOES solve the issue because

1. you’re deterring the smurf from smurfing further. Smurfs rely on low skill opponents.
  2. you’re not dealing with the smurf anymore since if you’re good enough to consistently beat them, you’ll be elevated past their MMR level.

So like I said, get better at the game or cry about it.

Yes, read terms of service. For smurfing you have to avoid placements.

In all elo system games, lol, chess, rocket league, apex legends (that is another “kind” of elo but even there is not allowed), starcraft you can’t smurf cause is not allowed.

But is not necessary the ELO for not being allowed. All competitive sports events have their rules for offering “balanced” challenges, athletics, competitive sports (basket, football), martials.

In videogames people is so habit to being humiliated from videogame companies to forgot what is sportsmanship and customer rights; and streamers instead fight for their games ruins those with bronze-gm (not allowed both in blizzard’s rules and twitch, but often tollerated). Sometimes they get banned, but mostly not, and I can’t understand why.

Lissen, you did not read a single word of my explainations. Both silver and gm have the same right to enjoy the game they bought, and sc2 is a elo regulated system, so both silver and gm player deserve to enjoy a clean match. If you can’t understand this simply concept return to school, and try to learn instead following the bully way. bye bye

Bombing placements isn’t avoiding them…what the hell, lol. How would you even police this concept?

I read exactly what you said and it boils down to this:

“I can’t get into college because everyone else in my year has better grades. This isn’t fair and I demand to be admitted over the people who worked harder or have more natural talent than I do instead of working hard to earn that spot next year”.

1 Like

What the hell are you speaking about? College?

We are not saying that the silver have to win against a gm. You are locked in a 10 years child online gamer logic: look, I defeat you in world of warcraft, I’m pro, you noob.

This is not the scenario. The correct way to read this is that all bronze and silver players who bought the game (also free to play games cause legally they’ve same customer rights) have the right to play and enjoy the game in their league in a clean way (your child gamer logic is far from this, you didn’t neither read the text, you still think “I can’t go diamond, i can’t go master whyyyyy!!!”, nothing of that). I can’t understand why you can’t accept this.

1. You don’t have the basics about what a elo system is, and how works
  2. You don’t have the basics about what a competitive sport is, and why there are rules (have you ever seen a boxe match? Mike tyson can’t fight in a local minor tournment of amatorial, or worse with different weight)
  3. You don’t understand neither the terms of service of the game you play.
  4. You can only see that blizzard don’t instaban all this rubbish then is all legit cause the streamers pro players do that (earning money). Google bronze to gm ban.

It was an analogy to try and paint a similar situation of the kind of behavior you’re trying to justify. Can’t believe you’ve decided to completely brush it off as something that’s attributed to physical size/fitness. And by the way, there are a lot of physical and mental factors that go into play when gaming at a high level (which is where some of the smurfs are coming from). To tie it back - people are at DIFFERENT stages of their development. The RANKING SYSTEM serves as a way to let people match with similar skill level; example: kid vs kid football, college vs college. What good does it do for anyone if the college student drops down to the kid league? I can’t believe you’ve dismissed the analogy just because it has some factors that are (obviously) not related to gaming.

Your and everyone else’s mindset has nothing to do with the situation at hand. You can call out smurfs while also having full intentions of getting better at the game.
The situation: people are taking advantage of a built-in system to ruin the gaming experience for other players.
Yes - smurfing ruins the experience for players. You’re in a very small minority if you’ve somehow managed to twist it as some justification to “get good” rather than calling it out for what it is: abusing a system unfairly.

Yeah, it says a lot about a person. A person that’s calling out this ridiculous community for getting their daily dose of ego fuel on newer/significantly less skilled players. That’s a person with a good heart. Someone with a sense of integrity.

People like you? That have somehow managed to find a way to justify this degree of punching down? Yeah, it says a lot about you. 0 integrity. Brainwashed by the toxic mainstream community of this game. It’s a shame.

That has absolutely nothing to do with any of his analogies. In no way is he asking for the skill bar to be lowered to accommodate for his lack of abilities. He’s asking for an enforcement of containers of skill level.

People in SILVER league should be matched with those IN SILVER league. People in MASTER league should be matched with those IN MASTER league.
Then there are people who, as say a MASTER player, artificially LOWER their rating to get into silver league. THIS IS THE PROBLEM AT HAND. You’re either refusing to grasp this concept or think it’s simply completely acceptable for people to artificially lower their rating to beat on noob players.

3 Likes