SMFH Infester Queens

“ERMAHGERD everyone. An ex-pro top 3 GM player got to GM doing [insert weird strat] this is an obvious sign that [insert race] is OP.”

Nah it’s a sign that top tier players can make weird builds work even up to low GM. That means literally nothing congrats on your non-point. Now, when a no-name new player who just picked up the game for the first time gets to GM doing something on their first 30 games…you might have something

1 Like

At first, I was pleased with the nydus nerf until I realized what they were actually doing. Every time I kill the nydus, it feels like it was always at the last second, anyways. It has too much freaking armor to ever kill it fast, anyways.

Just seems like another “Zerg change.” Put some words together that make something seem like a nerf, to act like you’re trying to balance the game, but in reality, you’ve done nothing but try to fool people. Just my take, though.

Zerg doesnt shut down aggression well in ZvT at all. PvZ is becoming hopeless for Protoss, I agree, but that’s just because Blizzard keeps nerfing protoss for no reason whatsoever.

Speaking of P vs Z, as the one guy who actually masses void rays… I’m really disappointed that I can’t even be sure I will ever get the void ray upgrade. Not sure if it will be more beneficial or detrimental.

It seems like an increased harass ability, but the time for harass with void rays is the early game, not late game (when you’d be able to research it).

The void ray is already really good vs Zerg and is a great part of opening game in P vs P, whether people want to believe it or not. The void ray is 100000x more useful than the tempest. I don’t know why they refuse to make this unit do damage or splash.

I remember games from hots where the best Zergs just swarmed units to the opponents base constantly for like minutes until they crumbled. How did we get from this to Zergs hiding behind spore forests and Queen flocks afraid of “crumbling” to “early/mid game aggression”? have their balls dropped off? What happened?

3 Likes

I don’t know how they don’t get bored… Could you imagine playing a strategy game where everyone knows all you need to do is make queens and infestors to counter anything and everything? How does it not get boring and mind numbing?

Lol. What, pray tell, does a Terran do that’s just awesome against mass queens in the early game? Please tell me with all the knowledge that you’d accumulated that far outweighs that of any pro on the scene.

3 Likes

Beasty also did a series where he got to GM with marines, but he didn’t title his video “TERRAN IS BROKEN”, now did he? Why would he title his video “ZERG IS BROKEN”, when he is getting GM with infestors? Once again a reminder that what race you play in a video game has ZERO relation to your ability to think fairly. Can we stop linking Beasty “Captain Biased” QT’s youtube page?

2 Likes

Go ahead. Nerf the queen and infestor. Dont cry with the rebalance that happens.

Bc opener to pull the queens one way and hellions in another way

1 Like

aaaaaaaand, it got nerfed to the ground :confused:

How did bc opener get nerfed?

I’m refering to the new balance patch proposal.

you call a one sec delay between teleport “nerfed to the ground”?

1 Like
  1. Infestors start with Neural - this alone almost makes BC openings not viable because teleporting the BC’s across the map carries the huge risk of being nueraled and no one wants to lose a 400/300 unit just like that.

2. Cooldown increased by 15 seconds which is a lot of game time (almost a couple of minutes) if you multiply by the number of jumps/minute in the current BC openings in TvZ.

3. Add 1 second delay on teleport - you mentioned this but I don’t think you acknowledge how HUGE this is.

4. Yamato Canon goes on cooldown when it gets dodged.

The reason 3 is so huge is that the way a lot of battles worked up until now is that the BC with a TJ not on CD could harrass/fight whatever it wants until either it reaches very low HP or if it sees the infestors approaching (because fungal cancels the ability to teleport so you have to escape preemptively) at which point you teleport back to home to escape and/or repair. The new delay combined with the fact that fungal cancels the teleport changes this interaction completely. You would now basically have to scan like a mad man all around to watch for the infestors approaching. It makes the entire BC opening not worthwhile because the whole point is that you turtle to BC’s while pumping mules to keep up economically so you don’t have a lot of energy for scans. Every 3 scans is basically BC you are giving up. BC’s are ridiculously expensive to be an opening strat, the only thing which made this opening work is that you can steadily increase the BC count while dealing economic damage without losing the BC’s. That’s why each of these changes individually nerf the BC opening pretty heavily. Together they remove it completely. Hence “nerfed to the ground”.

I am not complaining about the unit being nerfed to the ground. BC’s will still be strong units especially in certain styles of TvP. What I am saying is that the TvZ BC opening got “nerfed to the ground” and I think what I mentioned justifies that.

2 Likes
  1. can we get infestors out by then?
  2. but has no impact on the timing it hits at. which is the issue.
  3. a one second delay is trivial, especially when considering the delay on recall
  4. this should have been in to begin with.

but guess what? none of this is confirmed. the balance patch last year went through multiple changes.

1 Like

i didnt test it, but i doubt, that infestors are out by the time the first bc is there. but if the zerg allrdy has an infestor, he rushed the techtree like a mad man, which means, that he sacrificed army/eco.

the longer cd doesnt play any role in that opening. it just means, that you have to be more carefull with the bc. fly away a little earlier, but still, you can do tons of damage, before you have to leave. the one second delay also isnt anything huge. one second is like nothing. again, it only means, that you have to be more carefull, when to leave with your bc, which is def. a good thing.

yamato ALSO doesnt play any role for that timing, because queens arent quick enough, to escape that yamato anyway. this just comes in factor, if you target a unit right at the edge of the yamato range.

so no, the opening is anything but dead. its a little mor risk for the terran player, what is great. atm, its like no risk at all for the terran.

2 Likes

Bc openers in tvz arent an issue and have mostly been figured out to the point that bc openers into mech look really weak at gsl level to the point the terrans stopped doing them.

They then decided to nerf the bc in a way that specifcly targets an opener thats been kinda dead for 2 months is just silly to me, it would be like them nerfing 2-1-1 vs zerg for no reason whatsoever. If the arguement is that the change is targetting lategame then it makes more sense but since this change looks like its intended to target bc openers specificly (we can only guess if theres any reason outside its strong on ladderplay) and then to try and get mech more play time (wich also is looking terrible at top level maybe new thor has hopes).

All in all these changes look really weird to me if they are trying to nerf a bad opener and doing this is somehow going to promote openers into a playstyle that is considered too weak just baffles me unless again they are targetting ladder play (wich would be a horrible idea).

1 Like

Try positioning your speedlings for harass that’s OBVIOUSLY coming.

1 Like

The constant buffs to Zerg are (predictably) adding up to a race that is far easier to use effectively than the others.

Catch-all defensive queens shouldn’t be a thing and nor should catch-all casters like the infestor. I have no idea why they designed Zerg this way or why they kept buffing them while only making lateral changes to the other races.

2 Likes