Should Cyclones get Immortality Protocol?

Try them out vs the various air comps. With the lock-on they’re a lot higher dps than goliaths, even vs armoured. You can also use hercs or factories for vision/spotting. Mass cyclone actually seemed to combine quite nicely with the P1 drill the few times that I used it.

3 Likes

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that Lock-On is a spell (as opposed to a regular attack). This means that it ignores armor. In mutations that have armor boosted enemies, this means using Cyclones greatly negates the mutator.

Anyways, regarding “buffing”, I personally have always thought the Cyclones are too big and run into each other. If they were smaller, it would be much easier to get a large group of Cyclones to cast Lock-On far away before fleeing. Right now, if you try to get like a massed Cyclone army to all cast Lock-On, you will most likely lose quite a few on the front-line before fleeing out of range. The only mitigation I’ve found is to Defensive Matrix the front ones first…which is a whole 'nother micro task on top of Cyclone micro. Not to mention that uses a limited energy pool.