Should Blackhammer and Pride of Augustgrad get a hold-fire hotkey

You may start the debate.

I can make some Blackhammers and load them into Medivacs for the sake of having Troopers to get +3 armor whenever Double Edged is active.

As for the others…

I know a PoA won’t kill itself in a few seconds like Shock Division if I don’t press the triple Yamato, but it just feels really weird that I can literally forget about RGs in most of the situations with the brutal+x experience.

1 Like

If it’s for convenience then having the option doesn’t take away anything.

A player who knows and wants to place them on hold fire would benefit. While players who cares less or inexperienced wouldn’t be affected.

I am for this position.

Double edged damage doesn’t get reduced by armor, you would do better spamming intercessors than wasting resources on a blackhammer.

1 Like

Just to adapt to 1 single mutator? Doesn’t make much sense, too niche.
Better let Blackhammers walk over small units like Brutalisks and Tyranosours.

3 Likes

Just writing if you were wondering.
Contaminated Strike do trigger double edge damage.
I thought it would be different due to being a panel ability but I guess it is same like the Precision Strike, as it does not trigger station to be damaged but the plane will be destroyed as a result.

Tactical Missile won’t harm the building but the ghost who shoots it.

1 Like

That isn’t the reason though Intercessor*s > a Blackhammer honestly.

What I was curious about is will ES*s missiles trigger Double Edged on the academy.

Turns out it won’t and if you can pick up the unit before the missiles lands, both of them survive.

Precise strike panel just gives an order to platfrom to perform strike so damage dealer is the bomber, so it receives a reflection. If unit is not the invulnerable invisible caster it sure will receive a reflection.

1 Like

Aye, same as with Swanns laser drill. Using a top bar ability will kill the drill if it does enough damage.

1 Like

Nah, they don’t really need it. Against Double Edged, just go with Shadows or Shadows + Aegis Guard backed by a butt ton of Intercessors to heal off the damage they incur.

Why is the focus specifically on Double Edge? Isn’t the OP discussing this option in a general sense in Brutal+?