Shield Battery appears in WoL help menu's glossary

The Shield Battery is listed in the help menu as a unit when playing a custom match using the Wings of Liberty dependency.

It was not used in melee mode before Legacy of the Void and should therefore not be listed in the glossary while playing WoL and HotS.

The Zerg Ravager appears there, too

1 Like

From my experiences in Arcade and a little of map making, I can say the glossary was designed in a very impractical way (you need to kill the whole thing, then build it up from scratch if making a special map).
So I’m not sure the devs could easily make a fix for something like this.

Well, I have a lot of experience in the editor and I know that the glossary’s unit list is really simple: The unit data is scanned and the entries are displayed with their defined settings. Having no category causes a unit to be hidden, else it is placed in the category used. Same races use the same category.
The tech tree with the structures is another story, though. :smiley: But that one is correct.

What Blizz’s dev would need to do:

• base Wings of Liberty dependency: edit the units that should not appear in the dependency:
  • base LotV dependency: edit the units that you removed with the correct glossary category again. If the unit only appears in multiplayer and not in the base, then you would need to only edit multi.

Since this is only glossary, this will not break any arcade maps.

Quick reminder:

• remove unit from glossary: <GlossaryCategory value=""/>

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.