Sc2 restarting PC in campagn menus

New. Never used to happen, no obvious changes to PC.

No heat or power issues, no reboots in other titles.

Only reboots on campagn (either cinematic or transitions (like selecting the “Solar core” in the campagn menu as it zooms in. Never in the games themselves. Never in the non-cinematic menus.

It is random… but also not. If it happens in a cinematic it will keep happening at that same spot reboot after reboot. Or selecting the solar core between missions 5 and 6 it happens every time. But between 6 to 7 solar core works fine.

When it reboots, a weird green single pixel line goes across my screen, then pc just restarts.

Nivida drivers upgraded, reinstalled. Sc2 reset settings, settings lowered, repaired, reinstalled.

Still doing it. Weird but protoss campagn is way worse… zerg works fine… terran very little. Protoss, very hard to get through menu/videos without reboot, but I can usually map out a combination of skipping animations/not using certain options between missions to get into next mission.

1 Like

Hey, MTous69! With the system rebooting, this does suggest that drivers or hardware is a concern. Here’s our support article regarding reboot or shutdowns while in-game.

This does bring some concerns with there being a potential hardware issue as the game itself shouldn’t cause a line across the screen. It could be something with the monitor or the graphics card.

It’s definitely odd and specific that this happens only in Campaigns. Have you tried doing a clean driver reinstall using the Display Driver Uninstaller?

This issue will need to be referred to a local technician if the issue persists as it is outside of Blizzard’s Technical Support, but I personally can offer to check for a few things in case there’s more clues to what’s going on here. Could you include a DxDiag file and a screenshot of an HWMonitor for any overclocking or throttling that may be occuring? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

For the screenshot, use an image sharing website like Imgur and copy the link between two ` like so:

`Link here`

If it doesn’t let you post the link, place a space between the imgur and com like so: imgur . com

Hello @Caterpepi,
I currently experiencing the same issue as @MTous69 before.
I have strong Game PC. I meet every Starcarft 2 requirements (also recommented req.). I have no heat or power issues. But in same spacefic cinematic cut scenes in protoss camping my PC restart itself.

I bought Protoss Camping before week and I little bit struggle with these BUGs. This behavour cause I can’t move forward in camping. Also is little bit annoying.

I tried everything mentioned for example there:
can’t place LINK fix-starcraft-2-crashing-on-windows-10/ (you can search in google)

In the end, I reinstaled Starcraft 2 from Blizzard App and now cutscenes work great and I was able to move forward in camping. So, after two days I have the same issue. Interesting is that, I move throught almost all camping and now I am finishing, so this doesn’t looks like like hardware issue. most likeli this is looks like like issue (BUGs) in specific parts of protoss camping. Now I am reinstaling SC2 again. We will see.

FYI:
First restart PC I observed in when I first visited War Council after my traval to Shakuras. There is cutscene with Rohana.
Second restart PC (today) I observed in mission Templar’s Return. After finishing second part (Karax) of the mision than cut scene start where probably Artanis should destroy third crystal.

Because Blizzard abviously mentioned their statement “this is not our fault” I can only recommend other players to reinstal SC2.

If @Caterpepi or someone has permanent solution for this isseu me and the community we will be grateful.

David

Fast update. First time reinstal helped. Todays doesn’t. So, good luck for all.
Fast update2: Windowed gameplay helped for cut scene after that you can set back Fullscreen.

David

I’m seeing the same bug. Reboots studently right after campaign ends for every few campaign. Never happened during the campaigns. Neither fullscreen or window helps.

Hey there TonyL,

Would it be possible to provide the information requested by Caterpepi? This will help us investigate the issue.

Cheers!