SC2 (&hots) graphics card issue (fixed)

I just bought a new Aurora 8 Alienware Desktop computer with a NVDIA Geforce RTX 2700 graphics card and a i7 intel graphics card. I can play every other game at max graphics and 100 fps, but SC2 claims that the card cannot handle high settings and limits me to low-medium and caps meat 20 fps even at low.
I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating my drivers, adding command lines (-displaymode 0), disabling xbox dvr, applying the nvdia graphics card to sc2 using the nvdia control center and Alienware control center. Nothing seems to be working though. I’ve also checked my RAM/CPU usage (its really low with game open) and I am trying to get the power supply to increase to performance level, but it seems to keep getting knocked down to “balanced” once I open the game.

Any tips or helps would be appreciated!
Thanks!

1 Like

I hope the support can help you, because you should have 100-120 FPS on Ultra Settings in Starcraft 2 - with this computer!!!

By the way you have a RTX 2070 ;-))))

the means that starcraft 2 is running on your integrated gpu. since it is a desktop: you likely connected the monitor to the wrong gpu. the connector for the dedicated graphics card is usually near an air vent, because modern nvidia graphics cards have an air vent at the back. if it is not the problem, you need to post your dxdiag for me to look into it in more detail.

1 Like

Oh jeez! What a simple solution that was! Thank you! I found the second plug (along with two others) in the lower half.
Thanks!!!
For anyone else that needs this solution, make sure to turn the computer off first!

1 Like

simple maybe but, what matters is that it helped.

1 Like