Rotterdam says "if he would have" all the time

Has been doing it for years.

Surely by now, someone must of told him that such blatant grammar mistakes are unacceptable?

Who cares? He is a fun caster and a likable guy, thats what matter for me.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a joke post or not

Because of this LOL

Well I thought the joke was obvious.
In any case, no, this is a serious thread.

I do like Rotterdam, both as a caster and as a person. But the fact remains that he makes this mistake constantly, several times an hour, every single day and it’s really noticeable.
I wish he tried and improve on that.

Well he’s from the Netherlands, so English is most likely not his first language. He seems to be good enough in it for the most part? Cut him some slack. Some people hit a wall when learning a new language - and it’s hard to make anymore “natural” improvements once your baseline understanding solidifies. I hear you when you say it’s been years, but he’s definitely understandable for the most part.

So is Lowko, yet he doesn’t make that mistake.
I’m French, and I don’t make that mistake.
Being European, I constantly talk with non-English natives who don’t make that mistake.

It’s worse for him because 1) streaming/casting is his job, meaning talking is his job and he sometimes does it in official Blizzard tournaments 2) he has thousands of viewers, meaning that 3) he’s most likely been corrected a thousand times already yet continues to make that mistake.

As a person who commits mistakes I don’t mind mistakes from others even on my native language,although I find funny when he says third base as turd base.