Rewards After Mastery Level 90

Are Spectres massable, and have an ability to change weapons?

Except, by suggesting this, you’re opening just that door.

I mean… if someone’s life is so devoid of other activities that they want to spend months grinding out 200-300 mastery to save $5, go for it I guess?

Yeah, unit skins would be another worthwhile option, but that’s also something Blizzard charges a silly amount of money for, so that’d be just as unlikely.

I wouldn’t underestimate the gamer crowd. They’ve implemented achievements thinking it should take a typical person 2 months to get this, or 2 weeks, but folks manage to get them in a fraction of the time. There are players who don’t really have, any money. They’re children, or otherwise don’t have a credit card.

We’ve also had folks who’ve naturally reached a very high level anyways (heck, Coop’s been out for almost 5 years), so that’s because you and I wouldn’t do such a thing, doesn’t mean they wouldn’t.

Push come to shove, I’m guessing Blizzard would much rather have the money.

You say that, yet here we are discussing about something apparently devoid of… well anything…

If you feel it’s a grind to get that, it doesn’t mean everyone else would. Case and point, stick around on this forum long enough to see:

1. Post m90 threads resurface over and over again, with the same comments about how ‘nobody would grind that for x reward’. Yet, there are hundreds of A1000 players for months and months.
  2. New or changes to commander/concept topics over and over again, with people debate about the most meaningless changes… how change A is better than change B while Blizzard takes months to years to release new content as evidently as it gets. (some proposals are good, but rare and far far far few in between).
  3. The waves of poor gamesmanship who posts over and over again on how “they had 1 bad partner and it is just so wrong of life to do them like that”… and they go on and on arguing with every single person who try to help them. Yet, they continue to help them, rather than flag and move on.

The fact I can list all of this shows there are many who would have a ton of time to do that grind. If you have enough time to waste/enjoy on this forum, you have at least that much time to do whatever it is you are proposing.

Just because some people WILL grind that much doesn’t change the fact it’s a grind and would take a very long time. That and it says literally nothing about whether people would intentionally not buy a commander for $5 just to grind one out “for free” over the course of months. It just means they’ve been playing for a long time. Co-op is years old, after all.

It takes about 5min to gain roughly 50k experience. Ascension level is 200k, so 4 games (yes, accounting for loading times). So 1 Level is really just 20min of game time (not actual time). Easily extrapolating, even for 200 A-levels, that’s 20min x 200 = 4000min → So for a grind it’s about 66.7 hours…

To put that into perspective, the average “grinder” or even just regular gamers would easily cash out 8 hours of gaming per day. Simple math would tell you that’s a little over 8 days worth of just playing coop for fun. (And that’s not even grinding) Also, if you don’t understand the above data, it just means you don’t really know coop as well as you think, fyi.

None of that matters because the core of what people are conveying here is that your proposal opens up these little exploits. The people (no matter how small of a population, in your mind) who would grind and exploit it, they will absolutely do it for one simple reason.

Imagine, if you will, that you are playing coop as you are now. Then this Fiddle-guy made it possible for you to earn money while playing coop, why wouldn’t you do it? You make $5 USD sound like it’s nothing but earning nothing is nothing. It is the concept that is both bad for business and bad for player base - company loses potential revenue and player base retention is left with grinders looking only for efficacy.

So really, what exactly is your point here? You want to win this particular argument and then what? Prove to Blizzard that this is a “Great idea, the greatest idea of all times?”, and then what? So the company would do this for you? Because of you?

A bit conceited no?

I mean sorry about the rant here but there’s just basic concepts that some people don’t seem to account for. Get some real data, check the speedrun times/records, exp farming guides, etc. before making these silly claims.

Boy, is it a rant. You took a single sentence and expanded on it in a giant wall of text with an uncalled for attempt at being belittling. Is this actually something that gets your undies in a twist? Take it down a notch, buddy.

First of all, where do you even get 5 minutes from? A lot of maps are time-gated, so that only makes sense for the few maps that let you rush, and not all commanders can do it efficiently. And on top of THAT, not all players can. So okay, if you want to consider the portion of the already small (and mostly casual) co-op population who not only have the ability to do that, have the commanders, and can stomach playing the same 1-3 maps they can beat in five minutes over and over and over again to grind out enough ascension levels for a free commander, wow ya got me. Congrats. You found the exploit.

As for your DOOMSDAY scenario of the game devolving into nothing but grinders because they want free commanders to… what? Keep grinding? And everyone playing the game for fun would run away? Melodramatic much? People ALREADY grind. They’ve ground and speedrun co-op so much that there’s a community who specifically does that. Yeah, some people would grind, no kidding, but what you’re suggesting is ridiculous just to make your overblown point. Most people will still pay the $5 to get the commander they want and start playing them immediately instead of going through an exhaustive grind. I sure as hell would.

And just since you’re so big on nitpicking, it’s not “earning $5.” Something that’s an in-game purchase isn’t the equivalent of earning and pocketing money. Surely with all this “data” you’re dropping, you can understand the difference. It’d be no different with skins or announcers. Essentially what you’re saying is you don’t want any meaningful rewards of any kind because it’d DESTROOOY THE COMMUNITYYY and Blizzard would suffer financially. Cool, moving on.

You clearly feel weirdly strongly opinionated about this topic and have already shown the chip on your shoulder since your first post, so I’m not really interested in engaging you about it at length beyond this post. I don’t care enough to get in a heated debate about it with someone who’s already demonstrated how much they want to argue about something as trivial as this. Besides, it was more to get people talking about rewards in general, not just commanders, considering the title of the thread and all.

I don’t play much, but I’ve already got matched with quite a few lv1000 players shows that we’ve already had people who will get there in due time. I don’t know if they deliberately grinded, or found Coop to be fun enough that one day, “they just got there”. Hell, I as surprised to notice that I was lv418. “just, like, that”. If I didn’t restart on a new account (I was around lv104 IIRC), then I’d probably have an additional 70 levels.

Well, like I said, co-op has been out for five years. You can’t really say when people reached 1000. Personally, I’ve only seen, like, three. With a game mode that old, people’s levels aren’t exactly indicative of how much they “grinded.”

See, like I said, you don’t have a clue on how speedruns work. If people are grinding for fast levels → for money that others pay to do for them. Then the logical place is they do speedruns. And as I mentioned:

Again, already pre-emptively explained to you because I know you are exactly the type:

It isn’t that because of your proposal people will exploit. It is that the exploit already exist, which is why it takes 5min for 50k exp. The gateway is that once you put a monetary value to it, it’ll make more and more people do the exploit.

That’s great, I feel the same and will leave this here but like I mentioned before in reply to your post:

I already explained the speedrunning bit and the context in which that data is even valid. You seem to be the one who doesn’t understand. I never said people don’t do it and wouldn’t do it. My point is you’re blowing it out of proportion to suit your argument while being overly aggressive with an obvious attitude to make it. Apparently you don’t know what the majority population of the co-op community is if you think it’s that bad and that it would turn most of them into grinders. Having a conversation about it would be a waste of time if that’s your perspective going in.

The attitude is exactly this - instead of trying to understand the whole concept, you feel that my (and others) explanation is…

When in fact, it is you who is doing this very thing.

If this was a democratic vote, then sure majority works. However, it isn’t like that at all. This is more like this pandemic, it isn’t okay to just let some people to not adhere to the rules. Much like in this particular discussion, it isn’t okay to let some players exploit the game for money.

Again, it’s not “for money.” You’re exaggerating, like I said, to make your point. You make it sound like scummy human beings are taking advantage of a system to pocket cash instead of… to have an extra commander in the very thing they were grinding for. The only way you can justify this overblown stance is by saying the community would crumble and devolve into a bunch of grinders, which is equally outlandish and unprovable.

Notice how you keep saying “we” and “others” instead of just standing on your own argument without trying to make it a majority viewpoint and speaking for everyone. Every game ever has had a group of people who will use implementations and mechanics to their advantage. So what? It’s a matter of whether it would have a huge effect versus the addition of replayability and fun factor for the majority. There are people who disagree and agree with the notion of more meaningful rewards, but you’re taking it to such silly extremes that you’re pulling the rug out from having an actual conversation about it, because it immediately becomes about talking you down from that skewed perspective.

TLDR: Your argument strategies aren’t conducive, even more evidenced by the fact the best you could come up with was comparing something so trivial to a global viral pandemic. That’s both tactless and, once again, melodramatic. Last word is yours because I’m not entertaining a discussion with you on it anymore.

I know 2 friends online, even now, who are from Syria. They have plenty trouble coming up with extra $5-10 USD to buy commanders.

I know you feel very privileged to be able to easily afford buying a commander, but I really am not blowing out of proportion. I am just 1 player out of hundreds of thousands… and I know 2 people like that. Sorry to burst your golden-bubble.

So your point here is because there’s always bad people out there, so “hey, let’s all do bad things”. The point I was making is that we should be preventing more exploits and not the opposite.

You keep saying that yet you again and again come back to remake your point. And I can respect that you want more after m90, but your proposal really is just bad. It isn’t a crime of me to say so. More importantly, you don’t need to act high and mighty, as if you’re the victim here.

Didn’t want to read? Well, get over the fact your proposal is bad.

Yeah, I do keep saying I’m done and that I have no interest in interacting with someone as melodramatic as you, because it’s true. It’s a little hard when you keep making character attacks on a forum thread for a video game with such trivial stakes and trying to get on a moralistic soap box, derailing the subject into a place it doesn’t belong. For instance, making a COVID-19 reference out of nowhere.

And oh boy, another example of just how melodramatic and prone to extreme exaggerations you are. You keep bringing up the cost of a commander and punctuating it, but now it’s not even about the worry of people exploiting grinding EXP for “money.” Now it’s about your two friends struggling to get by. You keep trying to raise the stakes to make your empty points and it’s kind of just getting hilarious at this point.

If someone is genuinely having difficulty coming up with 5-10 dollars, they have more important things to worry about than spending months getting enough mastery levels to unlock a commander in a video game (especially when said video game already has at least three free ones).

If anything, wouldn’t it be NICE if people in that position had another option for more commanders if they can’t afford them? Wouldn’t it be cool if your supposed poor friends from Syria could enjoy that? I know you feel privileged to be able to easily afford buying a commander, but you shouldn’t swat down ideas for people to have alternative options to earn rewards when they can’t afford them. Sorry to burst your golden-bubble.

Wow, aren’t pointless straw man character attacks fun? How productive.

As for your little altruistic thought on exploits, like I said, people will ALWAYS exploit SOMETHING. Always. We might as well homogenize all commanders because if they aren’t perfectly balanced and similar, someone will exploit a strength of one of them that another doesn’t have. Speedrunning in video games are explicitly an exploit. I guess all those game developers should go back and release patches to remove those mechanics or bugs that allow people to make speedrunning into a form of entertainment, because it’s just wrong.

Oh, I forgot. The entire SC2 co-op community would become a cesspool of grinders and exploiters trying to earn that 1-2 free commanders and nobody would be playing casually for fun anymore, in your end-times scrying of future events, because that’s the only scenario in which your argument has any weight. That’s right.

TLDR: You’re a stooge and I have no reservations about bluntly saying it anymore. Either you’re just trolling or are so hilariously out of touch with context and have a knack for contradicting yourself. Please attack my morals in a video game forum some more, in a situation where I’m suggesting ways for people to be able to earn more rewards through playing, while you’re finding every excuse to bat the notion down (without a counter proposal) despite supposedly having friends who struggle to pay the price of admission. This is gold.

Really is. And you never did:

Your every post is the same, “My thread/opinion is the only valid one. Your sobby friends should worry about other things in life than gaming if they can’t afford $5.”

Or maybe, people aren’t either too poor to afford food or too rich to buy every coop commanders.

Just another example of how you take everything too personally, deeply believing that different opinion are personal attacks. Meanwhile, your lack of empathy is exemplary.

Anyway, you won the debate. Great Job. Here you go :trophy:

And buddy, I can see you can’t wait to reply even as I’m replying to you. No need :slight_smile:

Anybody with any sense about them can read this and clearly see how you’re cherry picking what to respond to while avoiding the parts where you actively contradict yourself, or spin it in a way that you can make it into another character attack while not addressing anything. For instance, saying I take things personally when you’re the one bringing emotional attachments like “my poor friends from Syria,” COVID-19, and attacking the moral fiber of someone you don’t know.

Cool story. Get help.

Would be nice getting 1 extra mastery point every 100th level (a total of +10).