Revitalize Coop

Im very bad with English, sry for everything.

Here I wanna suggest a big event do revitalize coop, adding 3 new commanders and a few maps and thats all
Blizzard could create another MapCreating tournment like a quarantine promotion to stay home and make maps

They could give thematics too, like “create a map based on X mission from Brood War” or something like that

For the new Commanders, i belive that adding a few old school bois could be very attractive:

Overmind, Tassadar and DuGalle/Duke/SomeRandomTerran to hype people.

Overmind could use BW tech tree with a few variations and a few new features. The overmind himself be a upgrade building that u can get from the start, beeing able to upgrade hydras to hunter killers could be “wow thats awesome” to bring players back or wtvr

Tassadar i have a few ideias like a ‘Twilight Champion’
Based on Khalai + Nezarim that he was going to be before died:

Twilight Zealots that can spawn with Aiur Skin (tradicional skin) or the Centurion Skin; but with the same abilities.

Twilight Dragoon that can blink, Twilight Immortal having the big barrier + shadow cannon (and produced out of gateway to be ‘new feature’)

no robo, scout + corsair + carrier (special ones), twilight arbiter with oracle attack, revelation and detection, and a op void ray with aoe attack when u activate the ability (plus the bonus damage effect), more life and shields to be the “big purification ship” (lorewise, voids was the first khalai+nerazim machinary)

HT and DT as well, DT with Blink and HT with feedstorm+hallucination
and all 3 archons would be pretty cool, normal one (with psistorm and feedback), dark one (created by 2 dts) and twilight one (storm + mind control? or something like that)

Call down Gantrithor with huge damage and dmg skills
and when gantrithor is not on the field, drop interceptor or planet cracker-like skill (tassadar was doing that before joining raynor)

thats it, more ideas?

:point_right: I welcome any new content for coop. :point_left:

1 Like

Not too shabby, but I believe the issue all along wasn’t the lack of ideas, but lack of manpower to implement these ideas.

1 Like

then why blizz doesnt give coop to the community?
im pretty sure that the coopbois that love play this gamemode would do a nice job over here

2 Likes

There can be some really great fan made material, but AFAIK, Blizzard doesn’t want to give up control of the mode. I mean, we’ve seen their new policy on fan made material in WC3: Reforged. To put it bluntly, “whatever you make is all theirs”. They may throw you a bone, or a “thanks”, but they’re not required to

2 Likes

I heard it was a rumor they were salty over losing DoTA, the grandfather of LOL over it. It started off as a fan mod and when they offered to make it a game for blizz, they said no and started on to make DoTA 2 and league of Legends and the MoBA market that grew stronger than the original games by wide margins.

The blizard of yore was a trailblazing pioneer, but the blizard of 2020 is just holding past successes. Sc2 is pretty good, but it’s hard to argue that WoW of 2020 was in it’s peak with flop after flop compared to the glory days of TBC and WoTLK getting 8-10 million subs. Even oldschool runescape recovered most of it’s player base while their rs3 flopped. Maybe if people aren’t biting the mmo market, it’s not a sign that the players are gone, but that they miss the glory of what they had.

1 Like