Returning after taking a break!

I took the end of last season off and most of this season off. Mostly out of frustration for the game and a certain match up that I considered the worst in the game. However, after clearing my head and deciding to go back to the basics, I am going to give it another go. I may lose a few games here and there because of this new approach but, I think I will be able to go further in the long run.

For instance only focusing on macro and maxing before 11 mins… 12 mins tops… not even worrying about scouting, what opponent is doing and then just adding on to there… I hope this new approach will get me to Masters. I plan on being there this season or next season. if all goes right.

3 Likes

Lost a set of games working my MACRO. Things seem to be on the up and up now. Next adding proper scouting to my play.

1 Like

I have a way better feel for the game after going back to re learn the basics. However, TvP is still by far my worst match up. TvT is actually fun to play. and my TvZ has been improving. However, I seem to be able to at least keep pace in my TvP match up which I was never able to do before. Just a little longer and I feel I can actually win some games in this match up……

until my next update :slight_smile:

As a Protoss, you know what always makes my heart sink? PFs. Because it takes a dedicated army to kill the damn things when they’re being repaired. They’re insanely safe. Also, sensor towers are your friends. They let you know where to position your tanks, libs and mines.

The way most terran throw the game is by doing 1 of 2 things. 1. Some dumb allin with no chance of recovery or 2. Not having a secure 3rd at the expense of pushing out with a flimsy army. You aint Zerg or Protoss, you can’t magically create a defense force. This is why PFs are so vital.

Just got back to diamond woohoo… I think I will face more Toss players at this point. lets hope my training is paying off :slight_smile:

1 Like

username checks out.

Attacking a planetary is the only time I storm SCVs

Ran into 3 toss diamond players and got owned :neutral_face: :thinking: :confused:

EDIT: Just beat a toss player :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, i think toss is underrepresented in diamond but overrepresented in high master/gm

1 Like

I think its b/c a lot of us terran players do not understand the match up or how at the very least how to approach the match up. That’s why I am trying to do now.

One word: Liberators

I can barely find any toss in diamond at all, it’s mostly Zerg with a few terrans

They are all in masters… my be nice playing the game on easy mode… jk I probably just triggered someone …lmao

Not me. I feel like each race caters to specific playstyle with their own required skills to perfect and different levels of reward for the same skills. For instance, bio and ling bane both require different approaches to using them, and whichever player executed their own approaches better usually wins. This leads to a tiered effect in taking for races, because for example 2 Terran bio players that only differ in 1 particular skill will place very differently in mmr

ok guess I came back down to earth. was 2 wins away from D2 and some how lost 20 straight… guess I am going to go back to lesson one… My timing must be off or I am forgetting something in the build :confused: or perhaps I am just being a nub at the moment. :disappointed: