Recently Played map not appearing in editor

Hi all.

I am trying to open a recently played map in the StarCraft 2 Map Editor (v 4.11.3 - 77661) and it will not find it. When in the game, the list of recently played maps includes this map (played both yesterday and today on the Europe servers) but the editor will not show it when logged on to Europe server.

Does anyone know how to open maps that are not listed? The map name is “Platform Cosmic Snowflake” by vovochka.

I ran a few searches on the forum and could not find anything pertaining to this issue. If anyone can help or direct me to the appropriate thread, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Tl;dr if you can’t find it in editor, then it only available to play, not for editing.

A map can be published as “Locked”. In this case it can’t be opened in editor from battleNet (even publisher can’t, only from local map file). Even if you manage to find this map in cache and open it in editor, it will not have triggers and some other stuff that gets compiled and not required in human readable format to play.

1 Like