Really Enjoying The Mech/Air Talents

As a Terran Air/Mech player I am very pleased with Han & Horner’s Wing Commanders and Mengsk’s Principal Proletariat prestige talents. It’s kind of a bummer that Nova didn’t see anything mech focused. Most would disagree but I would happily take a prestige talent without Nova in favor of her army.

On my list next to prestige is Raynor and Karax.

3 Likes

Nova pure mech has always been amazing, though. Tanks/goliaths or liberators are her best unit and you could say that default Nova is her mech prestige.

4 Likes

Yeah this is true. It would have been nice to see a cooldown prestige talent for her mech/air stuff like what Han and Horner got. Looking at her prestige talents and they just aren’t my thing.

I was wondering along similar lines to what you say about Nova, and particularly Soldier of Fortune. I don’t like the idea of Prestiges pigeon-holing you too much into a minority of your unit roster, so I got to wondering what could justify giving Nova halved cooldowns on everything. Something like removing the hero unit would be an interesting approach – though it’d probably need something else, as you lose a lot in losing Nova.

1 Like

Oh you’re going to like Raynor, the prestige 2 is amazing, the objective snipe is real now with Raynor, while prestige 3 is fairly questionable, you surprisingly need the MULEs regardless with the prestige 3, be it banshee opener or battlecruiser.

Karax is annoying to level up, but worth the trouble reaching mastery on prestige 2, the reduced costs on upgrades overall already made Karax better, and then you can mass carriers or mirages quite fast with the prestige, he has a very strong pushing power now as the sentinels rarelly die and you can ger your tech units as you ramp-up.

2 Likes

Losing Nova sounds like an acceptable trade to me. I don’t think that would ever happen though because Nova players REALLY like using her.

Probably have to be faster charges AND a cost reduction

2 Likes

All 3 of Raynor’s Talents look good to me. That Rough Rider attack speed sounds like it would pair very good with Mech Attack Speed power set, crushing through everything. Building up a decent size mech/air force would be tuff especially on the missions where your natural expansion is guarded.

The Rebel Raider just sounds like fun with the call downs and having an epic air fleet.

You forgot her Raven’s as best unit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Wing Commanders is a nice change of pace, for sure. I just wish ravens had some sort of offensive ability to cheese now that we can just make a billion of them.

1 Like

Yeah I usually just make 3 at the most and replace any that are lost. At least the damage boost they give is nice.

Yes I was a bit surprised with Nova prestige but then, she can already go deathball mech army (Goliath + Banshee + Raven, etc) without any trouble already

Prestiges have generally emphasized unique aspects of commander gameplay

Her P3 is really good with Mech, you can use all those extra nukes to soften bases and deal with attack waves, which leaves you with lots of cash to build a mech army and throw away on air strikes.