Re-Releasing Previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for Purchase: A Suggestion

I’ve been getting back into the community and asking this for years, although I’ve many of the warchest I have some but incomplete sets and would really the options of either rebuying the warchest to get items missed such as consoles and augments. I have new and old friends getting back into the game and it feels bad saying that they can’t work through something easier such as progression to get skins through money, or either have to brutal clear all the campaigns as a brand new player.

1 Like

Hello FireStorm, and thanks for your support.

May not be news to most, but I would personally get hold of the Augments/Emoticons I listed at the top of the Thread. I would also like them to be sold separately, if possible, but if not, no biggie.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hey Eugiiin, and thanks again for participating.

Could not agree more in relation to the demand of previous War Chests by Players, and I think that you are also correct when you mention we should keep the Thread alive (by valid means, of course), and just keep nurturing it by participating often.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hey Lyon, and thanks for participating.

The problem you describe is something I contemplated and stated on the Thread, and just proves it is, indeed, a problem, and one of the reasons I believe previous War Chests should be re-offered.

I agree it is something that leaves a bad aftertaste, but hopefully, the recent purchase of Microsoft might change the course of things in the long run, and hopefully, allows us to acquire them.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

If someone from Blizz is following this thread because it is clean of the ill manner that is mostly in this forum, I would like more than skins this:

(if MS eventually get to it, they are too new in the acquisition of ActiBlizz to think about stories)

• I would love a single 1-time mission map of Cerberus attack because this is like Nova missions but neither a comics nor a mission map
    Cerberus attack where is the story?
  • finish Nature of the beast
1 Like

Hey Rocmeu, thanks for participating, and sorry for the late Reply.

I recently participated in your Thread, Cerberus attack where is the story?, and found it interesting, and the resultant discussion as well.

Hopefully, albeit it is still too soon to even talk about it, the new owners should have a look at empty spaces, like the one you mention, and decide to create a prequel to Covert Ops (or a sequel, if it is more of their interest).

I am eager to see Nature of the Beast finished as well, and hopefully, the series is completed later on, who knows. Fingers crossed, as usual.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Yes thanks for participating there as well, I dont know if they decide things by demand, like if higher demand they may bring back collectible units, skins, etc including stories such as ‘Nature of the beast’. So the more people show interest the better, from any channel. here reddit or some other community place.

1 Like

Haven’t really paid attention to the system the previous owners applied to released contents, but it seems to me it was not quite effective in the end. Hopefully, the most-likely soon-to-become new management of the company will take better decisions. In the end, as always, it is all speculation, until we see some news from them.

Totally support this idea of re-releasing the war chest’s. There are a few things i would love to purchase but at the current prices there is NO way i’m paying full price for in game items with the game being this old. I took a massive break from Sc2 & missed out on these warchests, here’s to hoping they re-release them, you got my support. :smiley:

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing more war-chests - building skins for the purifier line for Protoss, or the Umojan line for Terran, the primal line for Zerg etc. Complete the ones that only got unit skins with their building counterpart.

I’d sure support re-releasing old ones as well in a sort of timed event that cycles around every so often - though you would still have to buy into it for the paid skins to make it fair for the people who purchased them.

2 Likes

Hey DonDadda, thanks for participating, and sorry for the late Reply.

I’d also like to get hold of some of the War Chests, but, as you mention, current prices are a tad high, so if previous War Chests were to be released, I’d still wait for a Sale. Your situation is something I contemplated as a possible problem when I revamped the Thread, and I’m glad first-hand experiences like you demonstrate it’s something, indeed, possible. I should also thank you for your support, appreciate it.

Have a nice day.

Hey Miro, thanks for participating, and sorry for the late Reply.

I also hope we’ll see the missing Building Skin Packs for the three Races (Umojan, Primal, or Purifier, for example), and I’m fine with previous War Chests being re-offered from time to time, as long as it isn’t for a limited time period, and with buying the Skins. Let’s hope the new owners of the company do something about it.

Have a nice day.

The way I see it is that they should be offered for a limited time - however this comes with the caveat that each set of limited time comes in cycles. This way they are around for a period of time, then go out for a period of time, then come back, allowing each war-chest to be cycled through as necessary, and allowing the player to play or watch games to gain points into unlocking the skins, as the previous war-chests intended. Importantly this also means that it means the skins themselves are still worth purchasing during periods in which the warchest isn’t around, but can also be earned as well during the periods the warchests ARE around.

1 Like

Hey again Miro.

I was referring to War Chests being cycled, as you mention, but not for a limited time, so that there’s that peace of mind that knowing that at a predetermined time of the year (each year) a predetermined War Chest will be available. In other words, the cycling of War Chests, should be forever, to my view. Also, I like the concept you propose, and it certainly encourages Players to acquire the Skins when certain War Chests aren’t around.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Hey y’all.

Just passed by to wish all female players around a superb Women’s Day. Hope you can enjoy it with your loved ones and/or friends, or just by yourselves :blonde_woman: :tulip: :gift_heart:.

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Hey there all.

Passed by to say we’ve already reached 9.500 Views. We’re just less than 500 Views to finally hit 10.000, and I should thank you all for making this possible. Hopefully, with Microsoft now taking over, things may change for good, including having previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons being re-released.

Have a superb day.

:+1:

1 Like

Hello Fellas.

It is coming a new Patch, i hope we can have news about the war chest Soon

Let´s Continue with our Crusade.

Best regards.

4 Likes

i hope blizzard sees this, its free money for them like cmon :smiley:

2 Likes

Me: As up today Starcraft 2 games and its cosmetics getting better results we surpassed other RTS games. We are as future res-

Blizzard Entertainment: That’s why we aren’t to selling Starcraft 2’s exclusive warchest cosmetics.

Me: What?

Blizzard Entertainment: Since october 15 2020 we decided stopping updating Starcraft 2 that’s why we are not selling.

Me: But you can’t do this to me. İ started this game :D… YOU KNOW HOW MUCH İ SACRİFİCED?!!
Blizzard Entertainment please.

Blizzard Entertainment: TORMENT discision taken unanimously.

Blizzard Entertainment: You can’t purchase again TORMENT.

Me: am İ?

1 Like

Hey Eugiiin, good to see you again, and sorry for the late Reply.

I wasn’t aware there’ll be an upcoming Patch, unless you are referring to the small Patch released some days ago.

You can count on me to continue nurturing the Thread, and hopefully encourage others to participate as well. It seems things will be very interesting in the next months. We’ll just have to wait and see what we get in our hands later.

Have a nice day.