Re-Releasing Previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for Purchase: A Suggestion

By the way, I noticed there’s another thread about re-releasing past War Chest Portraits for sale, and I liked the idea. I also invited ryerye, the author of that post, to join us. If you guys are interested, here’s the link to it: Purchase Past Portraits.

2 Likes

İ wish i was purchase warchest 4 in time

2 Likes

I wish I paid the attention this game really deserved back then (from 2016, when Nova Covert Ops was released, and prior to the Free-To-Play Update). I just started playing it since late-2019, and I enjoyed it so much I bought the remaining two Campaigns, Nova Covert Ops Mission Pack, and the Nova Co-Op Commander. I’m now planning to buy StarCraft: Remastered and maybe later, the Dominion Special Forces Skin Packs (both for Units and Buildings). If I had known I’d re-take my interest on this game, I would’ve played way earlier.

That’s why I’m making this thread, sort of a compensation for what I missed and could’ve gotten until today, and of course, for people in a similar situation, to benefit from it, and, in fact, all the players who couldn’t get their hands on plenty of those Augments, whatever their reasons.

2 Likes

İ have all starcraft games even starcraft cartooned too

2 Likes

Sounds great dude, I’m not that much into StarCraft: Cartooned though, I like the original style more. However, I wish they added more Announcers into that game, so maybe there’s one or two which could match the same way the Hey Jini one does with the cartooned version. Maybe then, I’d try it out.

2 Likes

By the way, sorry for not replying anymore for now, I’ve got college homework to do. I’ll reply later.

2 Likes

İ feel like throwing Stone to the sea. İ want Blizzard and players care about this forum if more People interested they can open sales

1 Like

I know that feeling, but the best we can do, is just to keep the thread alive when necessary. Obviously, unnecessary bumping and excessive ranting aren’t smart choices, not to mention it’s playing on the danger zone. Had to read the forum’s rules, and noticed the best we can do is just to promote a thoughtful and as healthy as possible discussion to appeal others, and maybe the company (apparently, mentioning its name is something kind of prohibited, but I feel that’s close to impossible, and kind of silly, since everyone the forums seems to use it at all times).

My best guess, as I already said, is that many peeps around here already got the Augments they wanted, hence why they don’t see supporting this and other similar threads necessary. In fact, that feeling of losing their “exclusive ownership” of said Augments may be the driving force of why they don’t care.

Another reason may be they just prefer to focus on the Competitive aspect of the game, you know, watching the world’s top players matches, constantly discussing about races’ balance, and so on. That’s not my thing, despite it’s the most important aspect of this game for most of the people who play it. I always liked the game, but only meant to be played casually, with friends or family, and enjoying the eye-candy (hence why I’m really digging into Skins/Augments). I’m sure there are other like-minded people, but I feel they are, maybe, a little afraid of replying/supporting, and I cannot blame them, since the forums seem just to be 24/7 Competitiveness/Race Balance-driven, so they don’t feel like giving their opinion on other aspects, since, most likely, will be ignored. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s kinda unintuitive to be unable to buy past-Warchest contents.

It’s easy money for Blizzard w/o having to contribute it to prize pool. They just don’t like earning money I guess? :slight_smile: :clown_face:

1 Like

Finally a human saw us our forum i hope going keep this way

1 Like

İf all warchest items open to sales not everone gonna purchase only starcraft fan cares cosmetics like me

1 Like

Hey synd, thanks for replying.

Well, given today’s note, it’s clear the developers just want to focus on Race-Balancing and Season Rolls, so they won’t be releasing new content, which is sad, I won’t lie, but that doesn’t mean past-released contents won’t be re-released.

The idea I discussed on this thread still is possible. The only difference, is that earnings would go to host/promote Tournaments and to their Prize Pools. In fact, maybe, it should be done more than ever, since there won’t be additional contents to enjoy for us, and for them to profit from their sales.

Let’s just wait, and see what happens. Hopefully they’re releasing past War Chest contents for sale/unlock soon.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s always good to see new people interested in this thread, and the concept in general. I will keep updating/replying to keep it alive when necessary.

2 Likes

In fact, now that there won’t be any new contents for us to purchase, it becomes kind of necessary to re-offer past War Chest Augments, so they can make new profits for hosting/promoting Tournaments and their Prize Pools, and we could enjoy those contents, now that they aren’t releasing new ones.

Let’s cross fingers and expect the best from them, I’ll keep updating/replying when necessary.

2 Likes

Totally agree with your suggestions! Since I didn’t have enough time for the last War Chest 6, I really hope Blizzard could re-release past portraits, skins and consoles again!

1 Like

Anyone can explain october update. İm bit confused they are making warchest cosmetics opening to sales or not. Last 2 mounths i never saw a starcraft 2 news they said
“What this means is that we’re not going to be producing additional for-purchase content, such as Commanders and War Chests, but we will continue doing season rolls and necessary balance fixes moving forward.”

İs that means also dont opening sales of previous Warchest items?

1 Like

They will re-sell the building skins from War Chest 6 eventually, and the skins from other War Chests (1-5) are already in the Blizzard store. But they will never offer for sale things like old banners, emotes and portraits.

Old skin purchase link: StarCraft II | Battle.net

1 Like

Would be nice if they don’t forget to make the Classic Battlecruiser, Carrier, and Ultralisk skins purchasable.

2 Likes

You mean i was never get Tal’darim decal and Seat of the Highlord Banner? Or Starcraft 2 gets in game money?

2 Likes

Classic battlecrusier carrier and ultralisk skins released almost 1 year
Soon it will open to sales

2 Likes