Re-leveling 54 times MUST go

That’s a good question, it’s been so long that I honestly can’t remember.

I know coop came out in 2015 with 6 commanders. Then mastery came out later on after a few commander bundle releases. As far as the 90 points, that was always the case.

Honestly, this just seems like a lazy patch to encourage long-term replayability at the cost of actual new and exciting content. It would be exciting if I could gain access to all the prestiges after reaching level 15 again once, but instead, we have to do the grind AGAIN and AGAIN to unlock all the prestiges. And hopefully we don’t have to wait a year or longer until the next content arrives.

6 Likes

People have their good and bad. I have never seen people who say “You shouldn’t talk about your good and bad. Just accept it.” in real world. Maybe, people like you imitate normal people in real world, but reveal your true nature in online.

No desire to listen others, no desire to say politely, no desire to be a good man. Keep it up, it’s your own life and how can others talk about that?

3 Likes

Players: “give us a prestige system!!!”

Blizzard: gives system

Players: “we didn’t want THAT prestige system :O”

Blizzard: visible confusion

4 Likes

That’s rich since the only person who has been consistently attacking me on here is you, for nothing more than disagreeing with you on this topic.

Meanwhile you repeatedly accusing me of “suppressing your opinion”, which I don’t even have the power lol (but by god if I did lmao).

You sir are the epitome of iron-E.

1 Like

I’ve seen very few posts and only from some people asking for a re-leveling system. Iirc, it was about wanting something new and challenging to do. My reply at the time was “set your Mastery points to 0 and play B+4~6”.

I don’t think most players wanted to re-level at all (more than once), let alone 3 times in sequence for a wanted skill. Allowing ppl to re-level a CO could have been an option that existed before, and not tied to a skill-upgrades.

6 Likes

A content which requires to play tons of games without previous contents to be used. I definetely didn’t want THAT content.

7 Likes

Well, hopefully you guys (the most players) will get what you want. I guess I don’t really care what happens going forward.

To each his own I suppose. GL getting what you guys want.

1 Like

I am quite happy with the system. It needs some tweaks, would be better to choose your prestige, it would be nice to have some kind of visual reward on the overlay like a star for each prestige on the commander or something. Some of the prestige’s are not fully tested (see zagara 1 etc) and many of the level up bonuses need to be moved around to fix some of these (just have different order of level up bonuses for each prestige maybe).

Apart from these little niggles, I like it and I think most people have been fairly positive in co-op chat.

2 Likes

I really like the idividual prestige’s. I just wish I could:

• Choose my unlock order.
  • Didn’t have to re-level commanders 3 time from level 1.
  • That it didn’t take quite so long.

There’s my feedback.

3 Likes

I’m fine with the system and grind required.
My only change would be let us choose the order of prestige.

2 Likes

80 replies, you guys are still going at it? wow

If you want changes and want developers to see your feedback, here are my rule of thumb for sending developers a message (in any game):

1. be polite;
  2. make sure you highlight your main points in your message; and
  3. make it simple.

Please don’t write essays.

Also, Developers code all day long and coding it is mentally exhausting. So when they do look at forums, they don’t need to see people in forums complaining and yelling at them.

6 Likes
  • We should be able to pick which prestige we want, I did raynor and kerrigan up to p3 and it’s a big pain in the butt honestly, I am not sure I will get another p3
  • Some prestiges really need a MAJOR fix, they are simply a nerf to the commanders. And nothing worst than having a crappy 3rd prestige (like Raynor’s p3)
  • Some prestiges only activate at level 7+ (they should be available right from the start)
1 Like

I am done leveling for benefits - no prestiging for me. Any level I gain from now on should be solely to show my devotion to the game.

Mastery was a long road, but at least that was shared amongst all COs

Ascension takes 10x as long to max out mastery, but at least that’s only for cosmetic goods.

Folks feel like it’s groundhog day b/c they’ve already unlocked regular levels. On top of that, they have to do it three times, for each CO.

Sadly, this is still not as bad as some of the truly awful grinds out there (and I’ve played a couple of mobile games. One for 3 years, not counting breaks I took, and another for 8 months). But it still feels long

One thing that I agree with one way or another, “54 times” isn’t going to work out. Reminds me of a Prop mutation game on DoN. We were doing fine until the very end. We got breached, and at that point, the game is going to end in 40 seconds. Either we’re winning, or the game 's lose condition triggers, but it ain’t going on for long.

Here, I can see my self doing this around 7 to 15 times, but that’s about it. Not sure if I’ll have any further time since I’d like to play a few dozen games WITH the Prestiges in a fully leveled up state.

2 Likes

I don’t care releveling I actually welcome it. Because full leveled commanders are 2 ez to win with unless u play mutation. But I hate the random mutator system so this is better for me personally .
What DOES annoy me is that everybody and their mother is choosing void trashed map to grind on. Grow a pair and put random pls

1 Like

I support picking which prestige you want instead of having to grind all 3 of them consecutively.

However I don’t think separating each prestige to have different leveling is a good idea. Some prestige are simply unusable, not impactful, or worst, a hindrance to a lot of commanders before they reach certain levels (e.g. Zagara before 12 is not an optimal commander for Scourge Queen talent, Artanis’ before High Templars, Alarak before Ascendants, etc etc)

The main complaint about the re-leveling is that it’s the same old leveling that we’ve already experienced.

The first time is ok, because we are discovering everything I guess, but even with a new gimmick, we already know how it feels to have the next stuff, so the wait is worse.

The leveling process should have had something more different than just the new gimmick (which in several commanders doesn’t even get in motion until later in line or doesn’t change much except for “numbers”).

The discovery and rise to power process is for new players. Veterans should be able to experience something different and the system should work along with other systems instead of stopping them in their tracks.

• You should be able to choose which upgrade you get each level (except for the ones that are based on previous upgrades).
  • You should be able to use your Mastery points and gain Mastery/Ascension experience along the way (so that the grind doesn’t feel “wasted” on both new and veteran players).
  • You should be able to choose which Prestige talent you want to pursue first.
7 Likes

Blizz really must let use choose the prestige we want to unlock first.

ATM i am only interested in about a third of prestiges, sadly a lot of them are arbitrarily marked as “third” and hence require tons of grinding that i would have to do over weeks and weeks due to schedule.

3 Likes