Quick reflection on why Disruptor is so broken, specially vs. Terran

The Disruptor is a unit that have slightly more range than a Siege Tank and does splash damage that ONE SHOTS almost any unit in the game on SPLASH. Think about it for a second, There is no unit in any stretch of imaginagion with that damage potential on any race.

By the way, the shots (needs to be microed) require way more micro for the opponent than the player using the Disruptor.

Zerg is not THAT affected by Disruptors because of Creep mechanics and mobility which is generally higher on Zerg units, but vs. Terran is just ridiculous what the Disruptor can do. It makes IMPOSSIBLE to engage into an Protoss army with 6 Disruptors.

10 Likes

Ghost ā†’ Tactical Nuke.
and you can take 3 Ghost Academy ā†’ take 3 Ghost and shift click to harass.
need more micro from other to save all worker/ army

1. not all fight on creep for zerg.
  2. you are mech player ? or donĀ“t use stim with bio (Barrack ā†’ Tech Lab upgrade,
    some terra only use reactor).

How are they broken? Are they missing a part? Not moving correctly? Strange noises? Might want to send a letter to the quality assurance team if the quality of your disruptors is not up to some minimum standard.

9 Likes

>Complaining about the one unit that actually forces protoss to micro.

Get out of here, seizon

2 Likes

Needs micro but it is absolutely broken and needs tweaking, so what is your point?

1 Like

As far as I agree the disruptor is a badly designed unit as the SH is, they can be avoided both with Z and T.

1 Like

Vs roach ravager disruptor is nuts, plenty of oportunities to get an awesome shot and against lurkers is also really really good, if they are not used more is because you can beat lurkers with just zealots and archon/inmo, but disruptors can shut down entire groups of lurkers.

Yeah it is pretty strong vs. Zerg as well, not denying that by any means.

Ye. The solution is simple too: Give nova a splash damage radius. Units on the exact center die but damage falls off from the center same as a siege tank

4 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree with you.
It needs tweaking in the form and shape of having Dual-Mode.
Disruptors can be globally switched between the current mode and the Explode-On-Contact Mode.
They also can be tweaked by having an Upgrade that make them traverse terrain and structures (like Siege-Tanks)ā€¦
Also 55 vs. Shields has to go. Disruptors should cause full 200 normal damage.

1 Like

I remember a game I had 5 bases and the protoss had 3. I know I should have got liberator range (we went into a base trade, and was pre patch, the lib range was tech lab so it was later), but even if I had 60+ army supply, I couldnā€™t engage the protoss army directly because he had 10 disruptors. Even against a sieged mech player I shouldnā€™t be afraid to push in (unless its a choke) against an army like that.

Its bad design, its stupid, protoss already had 2 AOE damage units (colossus and HT), why one more??

2 Likes

Yes this sounds a very reasonable change imo, even saw a few progamers suggesting that as well.

1 Like

Thereā€™s the Archon as well.

2 Likes

Because the other AOE are nullified one with EMP from a hidden unit that has twice the speed and more Range, and the other is nullifies by simply a couple of Marauders or Vikingsā€¦
Even if HT/Colossi survive, their effect is too small to countyer the Terran insane MMM DPSā€¦
Simply put, you canā€™t kill fast-enough the Terran without 6-8 Disruptors.
This is the result of 2-Years continuous nerffs to all Protoss units includingā€¦Assimilator HP.
Deal with it.

3 Likes

Sure, at 1.5 Radius Nova will behave like it is, on the extra 0.5 Radius it will deal only 100 damageā€¦
I am all for it for having a EMP-Like Radius on Disruptor.
Make it happen!

Or maybe you wouldnā€™t need to nerf all protoss units for 2 years if you didnā€™t have a ferrari warp prism with 6 pick up range and this need for 6-8 disruptors.

1 Like

And colossi arenā€™t countered by Ghosts. I am even against the EMP upgrade if you didnā€™t have disruptors. I say you could nerf terran a little or buff toss a little for sending disruptor to the trash.

1 Like

LOL, no. If we are to give-up Disruptors, we should have back Reavers.
Are you OK with the Worms of Death?

Why canā€™t you let go of the disruptor? just make other protoss unit useful, like adept or void ray. Terran needed the liberator in lotv because until HotS the race didnā€™t had a decent late game unit to deal with protoss late game.

Zerg with lurkers is better than with swarm hosts (the community said that for years). Vipers were needed to help against late game mech.

Adept is useful in the early game, in some timmings and with a certain buff could be a really good unit to counter bio. Protoss needed a unit to help their shields to defend against pushes and timmings or out of position situationsā€¦ what they got was a stupid hero unit (thank god got rid off) and the stupid disruptor. I am just trying to make the game better in design point of view, not balance wise.

1 Like

Because every ground and air Protoss unit is trash and melts when confronted with MMM or Mech.
Protoss retreated to the last WMD unit capable of balancing the odds.
Unfortunately Disruptor is a very hard unit to use effectively and is hit or miss.
Why are you so reluctant to switch Disruptor with Reaver?