Question for poortosses

How can you even continue to play the game knowing every win against terran contains zero skill expression, because bio will always lose to disruptors, colossus, storms etc. while mech will always lose to immortal zealot archon a-move no matter how much defense you build? And knowing every loss is beyond humiliating since you lost despite being given the closest thing to absolute invincibility you will ever get in a game? Even if you are countered in a MOBA game, maybe someone else’s hero on your team counters them, or maybe you can backdoor, but there is not a single thing which a sentient human considers an advantage for terran in SCV, your race is worse in every way you can imagine and you’re at an incredible disadvantage from the loading screen. We can see this with protoss players just saying “yeah i’ve won” the second they see the smallest opening against someone who is 500+ MMR above them, like harstem cheesing milkicow, or beating maru 3-0 proving that abusive EU players who don’t want to matchfix games will win 99% of the time against terran builds which only work against matchfixing toss builds AKA going so greedy you unironically manage to take damage or even die to a terran in the first 12 minutes.

It’s impossible to believe in a human who gets pleasure out of cannon rushing, going DTs when behind for an auto-win since you can snipe turrets, a-moving colossus chargelot against bio which is an automatic win against 99.99999% of the player base etc.

You can be a new player and be silver with terran but get mid diamond with 10 minute colossus chargelot timings.

Colossus chargelot, disruptors (just a reminder they out-range tanks), battery overcharge, being forced to play bio against a race with storm etc. would be unimaginable in brood war.

How can you ever lose with these near-invincible a-move armies, invulnerable defense mechanics, map control with stalkers and observers which make it a miracle for terran harass to even make it to the other half of the map, easily taking multiple bases at the same time while terran struggles to survive, 10x better rushes which take incredible effort to defend and stomp even the best player in the world while terran has to get so lucky for any rush to work, being able to dominate the other player throughout the game with your probe harassing their worker + the threat of a million different cheeses + stalkers kiting marines + faster harass + embarrassing any kind of aggression they can do for the first 12 minutes while ALSO if they fail to do damage in the first 12 minutes you get out of control and auto-win against 99.99% of terrans etc.?

3 Likes

Someone got outplayed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Glad to see they found a new platoon commander of the TCF.

4 Likes

“Terran plays more games, has a more experienced player base, has massively lower MMR, but I’m comfortable with having more MMR and calling anyone who brings attention to this a whiner.”

-Sentry

1 Like

" Im gonna spit the same old lame lies to make myself and other terrans feel better"

• Bourne

Please list my lie.

Every single one of these things is true and you know it.

Terran is leading every league besides grandmasters and you know it. Stop whining already.

And even in GM-league at the very top, they pretty much start to dominate.

Top 5 aligulac: T3 Z1 P1
Top 10 aligulac: T4 Z4 P2
Top 20 aligulac: T7 Z8 P4
Top 40 aligulac: T15 Z11 P14

Leading Race currently: Terran by 9%
Lagging Race currently: Toss by 16%

Whiners gonna whine. Unfortunately Bourne was disqualified for being commander in chief of TCF: the ignorance, bias and saltlevel of the OP were just that little bit higher :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Please learn what an “average” is. I know that’s asking a lot of a Protoss player, but do your best, simple Jack.

2 Likes

I know it very well. Better than you do. Because on average terran is by far the most played race. And because i know very well what average means i know that concluding something because of it is pretty meaningless if the race distribution is biased like that.

In other words: if the race selection is not random then you cant conclude anything meaningful out of the distribution in leagues.

Then you can’t conclude anything about tournaments or anything else. So then… just stop replying to anything? Since nothing means anything.

Wow. Bourne. Im impressed. You understood that its pretty difficult to make valid and definit claims? You understood how hard it is to actually research and assess something?

Im impressed.

Dont get me wrong. Ofc there are indications but sadly there are no cold hard truths or facts you can see in 5 seconds if you look at the data. And frankly, i think no one in the community cares that there are 44% terrans in silver league. No one every would be this stupid to actually form the 44% terrans in silver league into a balance complain.

This is the crux of all your arguments. Nothing means anything, so stop responding to people’s posts.

I once asked you why all Terran players complain about Protoss and you said (definitively, I might add) that it was because TVZ is Terran favored. Then when I asked you for any data whatsoever to support that claim, you came back with crickets.

Face it. Making a valid and definite claim is only excluded when the conclusion is something you don’t want it to be.

Its not an argument. its not what i made up. Its just simply the way it is.

You cant just look at things making random claims and come to weird conclusions and expect everyone to believe it.

Your claim of terran having the lowest mmr on average is true. Its simply correct. But does it matter? no, because they lead every league nontheless. The only way how the average mmr can still be lower is because they have to flood lower leagues. Which they do. And because they flood lower leagues no one gives a sh!t. Because people know that this has nothing to do with balance (and is mostly because terran is the starting race; now im gonna sit back and wait if you take the bait :stuck_out_tongue: )

Your problem is that there are no obvious stats that might indicate that protoss is too strong or terran is too weak. Protoss doesnt even flood grandmasters anymore. Protoss doesnt win most of the tournies. The best players in the world are definetly not protoss. Protoss is not leading any leagues either. Honestly if your point about the average mmr would be somehow valid then protoss should have highest average mmr. but they dont have the highest average mmr. zerg has by far highest mmr. how do you explain that and why do you still rather cry about protoss?

So…why do you cry about protoss and not about zerg which would be much more understandable according to your own argumentation. Is it…is it because cant see how strong zerg is (according to your arguments) because tvz just doesnt feel hard? :wink:

1 Like

It never stops me to wonder, how do terrans even able to combine in their head that type of thought:

Terran is the hardest race, because we micro, we split, we focus fire and so on, but we still have problems against disruptors, storms. Yes, I can’t micro like Maru, move aclick is micro too! (Not when it comes from Zerg or Toss).

Protoss is f2 aclick race. Nerf disruptors. What should I do? He drops storms on my army from the prism. Every time I leave the base, toss warps zealots into my main. Stupid dts again blinked and killed my PF. But protoss is still f2 aclick.

Change the EMP priority, because when I use f2, I can’t stim!

If only terran could micro, like in their dreams at night, protoss would have a lot more problems.

1 Like

Why did you make the argument in the first place? Since I at least have facts to prove my case and you had literally nothing?

Truth is, you make claims all the time, you just don’t back them up with anything.

Right. And white people make up the majority of the NBA, but as a percentage… You’d have to be a moron not to see the logical fallacy here.

Please link my Protoss crying post.

There is no logical fallacy. Who cares about silver league noobs? Honestly. what do they have to do with balance?

Posting that terran is much harder and weaker than the 2 races = crying about protoss and zerg. Also your top rated thread is actually a protoss whine thread but ok.

I backed up most of my claims more than i should have and you still reject them because it doesnt fit your mental gymnastics. For example like drawing conclusions out of average mmr and such (flawed input-> flawed output)

Not to mention that you tried your luck with maths which got horribly wrong. Calculating that terran is 40% harder or something and basically any terran that is 4 k is actually mid grandmaster or something like that. You tried to abuse every single stat every single thing about sc2 and devoted it to balancewhining. That is a very very very sad thing to do. And the worst thing is that you failed miserably. I think most people would rather believe what batzy is saying rather than the nonsense you come up with. And thats a hard pill to swallow.

“TVZ is Terran favored”
“chirp chirp chirp” (Literally still haven’t said a single thing regarding it)

“Terran players have the most casual player base but they play more games, have been playing for longer and complain all the time”
“There’s some principle that doesn’t make the slightest mention of the casual-ness of a population that I appropriated to mean Terran is the most unskilled player-base because reasons.”

1 Like

It does tho. I think you still dont understand what it means? On same page it actually states it gets used for advertisement but ok. It doesnt say that casual people/people of lesser skill get attracted to certain things. it means that if you are new to something and you get exposed to something you are more likely to pick the exposed thing up. in that very example its terran. randos pick up sc2 → they are bad (because they just picked up sc2 )-> they play campaign (terran) → they first play terran → terran will have lower mmr on average.

The exact opposite effect (which is very obvious and you can find on the same wiki page) is shown for zerg: least played race (least adverted/least similiar race) but highest mmr. zerg simply wont get picked up as often when people are new to the game. which matches the description of league distribution. with “new” i also mean “inexperienced” obviously. You are bad (inexperienced) → you get placed in low league.

Dont know why we still talk about the topic at all. Because its bright as day for everyone else. And its a very strong indicator why the race distribution is that flawed when it comes to race popularity. But it doesnt matter why exactly terran is more popular because the most important part is that the race selection is flawed. And because of that you cant draw your dumm dumm conclusions.

“In the advertising world, the mere-exposure effect suggests that consumers need not think about advertisements: simple repetition is enough to make a “memory trace” in the consumer’s mind and unconsciously affect their consuming behavior”

or

" The mere-exposure effect exists in most areas of human decision-making. For example, many stock traders tend to invest in securities of domestic companies merely because they are more familiar with them, even though international markets offer similar or better alternatives"

I mean i showed you this over and over but you still didnt get it but maybe someday you will. i hope so. i dearly hope so. i also gave you the statement of sc2 lead designers basically saying they made terran so you can relate. i mean whats the point of marketing after all? you want to sell your products. its only natural that the game will be sold much better when they give you something you can relate to. they gave you the terran race so you can kick alien asses while thinking you are the best. and you walked right into that one didnt you? tricked by marketing, smh. poor bourne.

And yet the fact that they’ve played LONGER disputes the idea that they’re new players. Are you seriously too stupid to comprehend that? Played longer = “not new.” Like you literally posted that data yourself.

1 Like