Question about zerg and protoss cheese

Ex starcraft junkie who hasnt played in 6 years coming back to the game. If I reaper scout… what am I looking for gas wise to tell of zerg or toss is doing some sort of cheese, specifically protoss?

If I see double gas with reaper scout does that ensure they are doing some sort of proxy stargate or DT rush or no? Thanks

Don’t know about zerg but 1 gas is standard for protoss at 17. The second gas is usually taken at 22. Would recommend both a scv and a reaper for scouting

Ok ty that helps, how early should I send an scv out

either after the barracks or if you want build the barracks and send another scv out.

Your choice either way

Thanks for the help dude

For protoss this is a difficult question…racking up a lot of losses and then trying to find a pattern in them is usually what has served me, lol. What I’ve found is it’s not really the gas count that tips you off but whether protoss has expanded or not off of that gas.

You need to have played a game where the protoss took double gas on 1 base and THEN expanded soon after, and then use that to inform your SCV/reaper scouting in future games. If you don’t see an expansion yet protoss has double gas…probably proxy. What that proxy is~, is kinda up in the air. Could be a hidden robo, could be a dark shrine, could be stalkers with warp prism, could be immortal drops off double proxy robo…I’ve seen all of those off 1 base 2 gas. Hell, it could be proxy stargate + 3gate and shield batteries (lul).

The best way to be prepared for “somewhat everything” is to get a cyclone and a raven with constant marine production. The best way to do this is to make the tech lab on the factory, then switch the starport onto the tech lab after the cyclone is finished. That’s the order. As for everything else, just spend your money as best you can on production but absolutely have that cyclone and that raven if you feel sketched-out.

I been doing a 2 base pull the boys all in that hits their base around 7 min mark. I drop in their main right before hand around 6:15 mark roughly, damage what I can, then bring the rest to the front with the boys join up with my drop force and GG

I actually have been doing cc first vs toss n zerg and against toss I have held every all in cheese since doing cc first that i used to die too with reaper expand