QoL suggestion for Artanis on Coop

add a “root” ability for Reavers like Siege Tanks. Does actually nothing but just stand there like a tower. It’s so I don’t have to deselect the assigned ones who are guarding when I invade enemies

1 Like

There are about 5 things wrong with this post. First you are using reavers, second is the fact that you want to leave units behind guarding for some reason, you also want to leave the most expensive (and useless) unit artanis has, forth you don’t even want to bother with just not selecting them, you want the game to do it for you so you can f2 your way forward, and at last you’ve missed the news that there is no one working on sc2 at blizzard anymore, well this suggestion would be never seriously considered if there was anyone left anyway.

2 Likes

Would sieging of reavers allow them to spray out multiple scarabs (and recover multiple) at a time, lol? That would then be worth it.

2 Likes

Can’t we have Reavers have more splash area, range or damage instead of faster Scarab regen for Valorous Inspirator?

Reavers don’t really run out of Scarabs as they are.
If you pick Guardian shield mastery it kinds of evens out I suppose.

2 Likes

No, no, what I mean is if you can spray like 5 at a time, then it’s a massive objective killer. So your regen needs to be faster even with mastery and P1.

1 Like

Just hold position? It’ll do basically what you want, just don’t f2

1 Like

Except the OP is explicitly asking to not have to do this.

They can now hit air? But it’s air or ground, not both (which would make the auto-firing mechanism interesting to boot).

So the reaver-sieged allows air scarabs. That’s an interesting take and would skyrocket reavers into meta instantly.

1 Like

Reavers are dope, what u talking about willis

5 Likes

Not root, swarmhost had that in campaign. Instead of burrow, which was interesting. But some kind of unique thing for the Reaver. That a catepillar would do. Cocoon would be good.

3 Likes

The virgin army of Reavers: all shoot at a single Zergling and then die when the rest of the army gets close.
The chad duo of High Templars: cast 4 Storms to kill an entire attack wave except Battlecruisers and warp into an Archon when about to die.

I’m a SC traditionalist in terms of unit design.

I’m fine buffing / nerfing stats and costs. But I’m not a fan of changing unit design.

Reavers seiging up and hitting air would be unfaithful to their SC1 origination and unit design.

4 Likes

I just want to make an option to not make them move when I F2 right click

Looks like one of them has to give… so far seems like you’re just gonna have to make a separate team for them and then press ‘s’, so they don’t move with your f2. Not your ideal but still quite simple.

They’re still fun to play with. They can still do damage to structures, and have the DPS to burst down objectives.

I feel like we’re way past this. Ghosts can now snipe. BCs can teleport. Zergling can jump. Archons still retain their spell casting abilities. With Sc2, we see this in Coop like HH’s flying Reapers, and Zeratul’s Immortals that can do AA.

Although if it makes you feel better, they can always create a “spiritual successor unit” like when Dragoons are now Stalkers, Shuttles are now Warp Prisms, etc.

I kinda wish a terran commander would have Valkyries. Warfield perhaps?

A shame Blizz didn’t let their projectiles retarget then. It is possible for projectiles to retarget, look at some of the custom units or the Leviathan. Would make reavers better and more faithful.

3 Likes

Yes they’re good against single targets. The thing is, there isn’t that many things in the game that Reavers can unleash full volley of Scarabs on, and even then, there are other units that can fill a similar role while being much more mobile and having better survivability (Tempests being such unit, having significantly less dps but being a massable flying unit that can attack both air and ground means it will be able to survive things that Reavers won’t). Meanwhile, Reavers need an army to protect them at all times.

Having the AI treat them the same way as it treats Colossi and making air units focus-fire them down doesn’t help.

They’re pretty much an “i build them because i like them” unit. Or something that lets the AI screw up with the players by focus-firing their heroes before dying.

Agree with all of this ^

Reavers can destroy void silvers, and suppression towers quickly but otherwise end of wasting scarabs. Though on Sythe of Amon I can’t avoid to sink resources on them.

I either got to go dragoon / few immortal / zealot OR Zealot / Tempest on Sythe because of all the capital air units. Need dragoons or Tempest .

On Malwarfare they have some use. The scarab AoE is good if you can spawn camp. And they can burst down the suppression towers.

In Legacy of the Void campaign there is only 1 map I actually prefer Reavers over the Colossi or Wrathwalker options, and that is the last purifier mission on Cybros, and it’s only because their are a lot of vipers on that mission and they can’t adduct Reavers.

1 Like

Y’all need to have more love for the worm.

1 Like