PvT #4 7 mins or less or lose

Is PvT balanced. NO. and you know what it doesn’t even matter. I just want to give my fellow terrans a chance to win if nothing else. So I went over everything that can kill you in the 1st five minutes. And it is just about everything that toss opens with can.

Also, Just because you are able to get out the 1st 5 mins doesn’t mean you are going to win. You can and still will lose to some b/s. So what the point of all of this. Well its to let you know that you are on the clock.

You have precisely a 2 to 3 minute to get something done. After they finish whatever pressure that they decide to go. that can be game ending damage. Out right beat them. Maybe you can get up a base on Protoss which is extremely rare but possible. However keep this in mind. The longer the game goes on from here your win odds go down considerably.

To be honest with you this means a 2 base all in or plant your 3rd base and go. During the 1st 5 minutes of the game your resources should be low because your are defending and should be spending resources on army supply. You should be getting your production up. and you should be getting upgrades. stim. attack/defense/ blue flame. whatever you are going to walk across the map with.

Basically by the 7 min mark (you can go up to 10 depending on how the game is going) you should be on their side of the base engaged and hopefully. just hopefully you have enough to win. Or you will lose here. If you are at the 10 min mark and still in the game and you haven’t done any game ending damage. just leave. You have failed.

What openers can you do in those 5 to 7 mins. I don’t know I am not good enough in this match up to mention anything. Mayb our fellow terrans can post sme 5 to 7 min timings.

2 Likes

I disagree. I defend and get 3 OC two base. Then I at least shove around Protoss, might win right away, might win with 3/3 bio and 2/0 ranged lib, might win somewhere in-between.

3 Likes

I am glad that you are having some success in the match up. Now lets get the others up to speed

After BS’ing for half an hour with half-baked stupidities bordering in artocious-stupidities…
Are you sure that you have not embarrased yourself enough for a singe half-day?

Unlike you and others of our ilk I am trying to come up with a solution rather than whine and argue about balance and what pro won something. Why have a circular argument that is going no where fast. Oh I get it you want every advantage that you can get.

PvT is most Terran worst match up for what ever reason you want to mention. Call us all noobs and we need to git gud and we need to L2P or whatever lets you sleep at night.

There has to be a solution to the PvT problem and I am attempting to solve it. Whether is doing a little bit of theory crafting, from my experiences. or from some game that I have watch.

So you go back in your corner and think about the next whine post you want to you know post.

1 Like

Did you and your feathered-sidekick read your post?
Mononeuron specimen should have a licence to post here…

Im trying to come up with a solution and you are trying to hijack my post and talk about balance and whine. Come up with a solution or just stop posting

Tl DR but looks like a Terran meltdown.

Follow my “thread” that teaches low level terrans to get to high masters. Guarantee win in tvp within 7 minute every game

Melt down. ptsd, Stockholm syndrome, call it what ever you want as long as you post a solution that could work

This may actually help. We should be willing to try anything and everything to win in the match up. The saying goes if the old way isn’t working you have to try something new. That is for better or worst. And again we know what we are doing right now simply does not work.

If what we were doing worked we wouldn’t have the countless threads about how the match is just not balanced, fun to play etc etc etc.

ill try it nothing else ive tried worked.

Okay, so PvT is currently my best matchup once more. I fully disagree that you have to win in the 1st 5-7 minutes, however I do think that you do need to get some damage done - either sniping tech or going for workers.

To this end I have come up with (an admittedly unrefined) build order with a friend of mine, that will allow you to defend most things reasonably well (aside from maybe blink timings, but not 100% sure about that), and put on some pressure. It will require a bit of multitasking to do, however.

The build is a variation of a mine-drop, and takes into account the new armoury cloaking mechanic as well, so detection will be necessary for them to defend.

The replay can be found here:

http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/15148419

A big part of TvP is about keeping your protoss opponent on their toes.

I’ve actually won my last game going for mine drops into as many mmm that I can get and tried to walk across the map before 7 mins They key of course is hitting your mine drops. or at least keeping the threat there

My build is eerily similar to this. but some reason the bio part has been failing. Unless I do critical damage from drops. What I do is get my 2nd gas 1st and then CC so mine drops can hit a little bit earlier. how much early is it worth that 2nd gas… I can’t say. however, getting the 2nd gas has been keeping me alive…

And then going into bio

The 2nd gas before CC isn’t worth it early tbh. You delay the expansion far to much - unless you’re going for a super early 1/1/1, the 2nd gas should come down after the CC goes down, otherwise you’re mining to much gas for nothing.

I spend the gas right away factory and then starport. and then mines and a medvac and to their base I go. some how I fit a CC in there. Its not the most efficient way to get to 1:1:1 into bio. like you said the CC is delayed but I some how make it work

Also a lot of tvt I have to get that 2nd gas right away b/c just about every terran gets reapers… the first few minutes of the game seem to be reaper wars until I get a tank out and then it stops.

The threat of reapers make it almost a must to do. Recently I have been taken a similar approach to the PvT match up.

I dont understand even where its coming from.Ghost emp with upgrade + libs are such powerful late units against Protoss that I feel its other way around: If Protoss arent at least ahead when late game starts, they stand little chance.

And you can see this in pro games often: big late games armies crushing “phew"phew” emps , Protoss army then without shields just melts in a second. And its similar, tough much more awkward:), at my Diamond level, Iget emped often.

I will work more ghost into my matches. I already do it in TvZ with great efficiency. IM tinking at least 10 ghost in my army at all times :thinking:

This is why making SC2 free-to-play killed the forums long term, people smurfing on the forums with their imbalanced whining…