PSA: You can grind the 150 Bounties Achievement

Found out today through some testing that you can, indeed, farm your 150 Brutation Bounties achievement on the same Brutation over and over again.

Been grinding this week’s a little bit, and already got six clears toward it. First clear of the week was for the 75 Bounties, but am now sitting at 80. If you want to get this achievement, do it on whatever Brutation is easiest or most fun for you.

The achievement that tallies the number of mutation missions played, indeed. But the achievement for the number bounties earned, it only allows up to four a week (assuming Brutal).

1 Like

I remember people gringing it like crazy on that 1st April mutation.

Had a love/hate relationship with this. For one week, played the same Brutation to get +6 on my tally for that. If it’s something easy like B+2 or less, then success rate will be very solid. However, if I ever get bored, I tap out. Luckily, I have more choice of COs compared to years ago! (and I’m not even going into Prestige)

The # of bounties OTOH… you’re in it for the long haul, although FWIW, you’ll get it eventually if you persist. It’s neat that even if you earn that achievement, the bounty tally still gets incremented long after that!

I already have my 200 bounties. I just need the 150 completions.

The B+ number isn’t necessarily related to its difficulty at all. The likelihood of harder mutators can be said the higher your Brutal+ number increases. That said, between how specific CO’s interact and counter certain mutators and the randomness of the Brutal+ rating, it’s just correlational. That said, generally a B+6 will definitely be harder than a B+1.

And how best to collect the mutation wins is honestly best if you choose a relatively handle-able mutation that’s on a non-timed and short map. It’ll be far faster and easier for anyone who is interested in getting that done.

I remember when I did this way back in the day, I did a lot of the TotP with first Power Overwhelming mutation (name escapes me atm). That wasn’t necessary ‘hard’ but it was time consuming cuz how long each TotP had to be. So speaking from experience, I really would recommend ‘non-timed and short maps’. Choose a good counter-CO and go ham with it.

Yeah, that part of my post wasn’t directed at you, but more so a PSA

I wonder… Does Custom Mutation advance the achievement? :thinking:

I don’t think so.

The achievement’s description says “weekly mutation challenge missions”.

1 Like

Fair enough. Would be kinda neat if it worked on Custom Mutations with 2+ Mutators. Maybe even 3+.

There would be proper achievements for those. Would be cool to have a brutal+6 achievement.

Yup, but then we’d have ppl complaining that it’s impossible and only cheaters or liars have done it. It’s probably not worth the aggro it would cause.

I would problably just have a “****-it” attitude about that. Hell, I’ve already given up on most of the achievements anyways since time is always in short order. :smiley: