PSA: No Turkey for Turkey day

Blizzard is now anti-American. You cannot name your account ‘Turkey’.

The name you have chosen for your BattleTag is in violation of our naming guidelines. Please choose a different name.

You also cannot name your StarCraft II character ‘Turkey’ in game either.

Excuse me.

Ben Franklin is rolling in his grave.

Shame.

4 Likes

Mfw Im posting here instead of enjoying a meal with loved ones

1 Like

Thanksgiving was a long time ago in my country. Why TF is Turkey banned as a bnet tag? Jeez. Blizzard. What are ya doing?

what do u expect blizz supports china and china supports communism :sob::no_good_woman:

Well, Turkey is the name of a country, remember? So, that unfortunately is probably the problem.

Is Canada as a name banned? How about the United States of America?

its because turkey is a racial slur

Towards what group? Never heard anyone use it to anything.

1 Like

Ok but TurkeyDano…

1 Like

I would assume so, yes.

wtf? I have literally never heard this slang used in on over 2 decades of gaming.

While it does seem silly, if I had to guess… Turks, probably?

Reminds me when one guy couldnt spell he was from Nigeria. It was censored by Bnet (forums)

Maybe you are wrong though… theres TurkeyDano the Brazililan cannon rusher

True, but it’s possible that only works because of the added suffix. It’s also possible the “no country names” rule was added only recently in response to all the many account names related to China and Hong Kong.

Never heard that one before, but c’mon … garbage like this is why we can’t have nice things.

I love how Turkey isn’t allowed but your name is. Blizzard has world class logic lol. Best part, the only slang I could find for Turkey using google was how Turkey can be used to describe a dunce.

lols lols lmao…
lols lols lmao…
made my day.

that was a big meme back then?

Uh oh yea one hand being worried about image, other hand not caring about humanism at all. Some k-friends quit sc2, because of it.

You ought at least not support their new games/stuff anymore.

There’s a pro gamer, TurkeyDano

wonder what he’s going to do

That’s right, his account should probably be banned for bypassing the name restriction Kappa

The term ‘turk’ could be considered offensive by someone deliberately looking for something to be offended about I guess?