[Protoss] Your favorite Protoss - The Poll

No, not “accidental genocide”. War. Genocide has a definition.

Literally no. Racist has a definition too, and it’s not “distrustful”.

Fenix, like Tassadar and Artanis, is from the Akilae tribe. And this isn’t just because all non-Kerrigan hero units are teal.

Summary after 2 days of voting

@SweetSorrow
Yes, Fenix is the one in SC1. Talandar is for SC2.

After seeing as how we have not as many people as supposed. I will open the Terran and Zerg poll too.

Tally Period is 7 days or shorter.

Actually if you check my comment I was lamenting if I should pick Urun or Karass and ended up picking Alarak. Could you please change it?

1 Like

I’m thinking Alarak.

Edit: Will you open a new poll for Terran/Zerg?

1 Like

Vorazun

Anyone surprised?

No, let’s move on.

Isn’t that taken from “Legacy of the Void,” and is one of the easter-egg lines where Talandar is talking about a bunch of movies from real life?

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about that. He still followed their orders loyally until it became clear they were driving the Protoss to ruin and extinction against the Zerg though.

And not trusting a social class of your own species isn’t racist. Prejudice, perhaps, but not racist. And it looks like his feelings were ultimately justified.

Not trusting your politicians is called common sense where I come from.

2 Likes

And not trusting the people giving orders is time honored military tradition for all of recorded history.

4 Likes

Alarak. He’s a great foil for all the other Protoss characters in LotV. The story wouldn’t be the same without him.

Alarak-Vorazun banter during Second Invasion of Aiur is among the best things in the whole SC2 saga.

My head canon is that Artanis sent Vorazun with him, because she’d be the only who would put with his sh^t.

The other options were Talandar or Karax, since I assume Artanis would not allow any one else to take on the solo mission. And Talandar isn’t the guy to put up with alarak who himself probably wouldn’t put up with karax.

Yeah, Alarak checks all the boxes for “That guy”. The one who always manages to get vote-kicked out of the party, even when they’re doing well.

Well, he’d probably allow V to go solo, since she is the one in command in his absence on SoA, but he’d never leave our favorite bad boy Alarak without adult supervision.

Talandar would probably attack Alarak after 5 minutes and Karax would be constantly bullied.

V is like that patient wife in a 20 years long marriage that silently contemplates how to stab him in the back in her mind to pass the time.

1 Like

Where does the lore state Fenix is Akilae? AFAIK Artanis and Aldaris are the only SC1 protoss who had their tribes specified, and only in supplemental Q&A a decade later.

Its a little roundabout, but Fenix, Tassadar and Artanis were all from the same tribe and grew up together, more or less. Artanis is also explicitly the Akilae tribal representative in the Hierarchy, on top of being Hierarch.

1 Like

The Khala called for tribal affiliations to be discarded, with their remnants being a compromise that is intended to ultimately fade away. There’s no reason that Artanis, Tassadar and Fenix couldn’t be from different tribes, since they are supposedly part of the younger generation, and it would fit the protoss unity theme better if they were from different tribes.

Then again I clearly have a very different view of what Starcraft should have been, based on its world building and storytelling potential, compared to everyone else here. So feel free to ignore my observations.

The Khala integrated the tribal bloodlines into the caste structure. They still existed, but the greater affiliation was to the protoss race as a whole. The tribes were as much a part of their heritage as the psionic link, they just weren’t supposed to become such an important part that it led to the race fracturing again.

1 Like

Khala made them feel rest of their race/culture, but the Tribe members were the ones they lived and trained with.

There is a reason why they are such bros. It’s not just caste. They are Templars from the same tribe.

This might seem a strange suggestion, but I think it would be a better representation of the protoss’ unity theme if they came from different tribes. BTW, They don’t even look like members of the same racial phenotype (when they have consistent skin colors anyhow).