[Protoss] Your favorite Protoss - The Poll

This is the first of the 4 polls. This poll focus on Protoss alone. The next 2 polls will be Terran and then Zerg. The last one is for those that are not Zerg/Terran/Protoss.

Each of you have 1 vote. You can either vote for an unit or a hero or a building or even announcer as long as their origin is Protoss. Abilities / researches / weapons / upgrades / psi / supply / control / creep / power field are invalid.

There is no restriction on what mode or game in the series you can vote for. You can vote for those in Co-op, campaign, versus or Starcraft, Starcraft BW or Starcraft 2…

If you has more than 1 vote, i will only count the first vote, the rest will be discarded.

All votes will be reported in this post right below here.

Aldaris - 2
/TheBentOne
/TrickyHunter

Alarak - 2
/BartFitz
/Monlyth

Ulrezaj - 1
/Rhyme

Urun - 0

Fenix - 2
/Retloclive
/SweetSorrow

Zeratul - 2
/Juxtapose
/Hyperiön

Tassadar - 1
/Gradius

Talandar - 1
/Phlynch

Vorazun - 1
/Skahan

Making me choose between Fenix and Aldaris is just mean.

sigh I’ll go with the Judicator, Fenix is far more awesome but Aldaris has some of the best character depth in the setting and nobody else is going to vote for him.

2 Likes

Admiral Urun with his one time shine in WoL or Karass with his one time shine in WoL. I think… Alarak.

1 Like

Fenix. Thought he was a badass back in the day. Still think he is one today.

1 Like

You do realize that one vote is only work in a system where there is only two choice, right? For a system with multiple choice like this, it’s best to give unlimited voting cast. Yes, it’s possible to give one vote for everything, but that wouldn’t effect the result. (Imagine if you got two people; one vote for everything while the other only vote for one choice. Who ultimately decide the result?) By setting your system to let everyone vote for what pleases them. The winner will be someone who pleases everyone the most. Otherwise, it would be who is everyone favorite the most. (Not to mention that diversify voting power make it so that the winner requires less vote!)

Just see the result so far. In your system no one is winning, but if you let us vote for multiple choice; the winner is Fenix.

I vote for Aldaris too. Same reasons. Blizzard shafted the poor guy due their irrational anti-Khala bias.

I think Fenix is bland. He doesn’t have a personality, just a stereotype of “proud warrior race guy.”

1 Like

My favourite Protoss overall from all games?

Hmmm…

That’s a tough one. I’d say Zeratul.

Tassadar.

Badass voice, went around purifying planets and was a true rebel that sacrificed everything.

The scene where he taught Kerrigan a lesson was the last time protoss werent treated like a joke.

2 Likes

Talandar. I’m a sucker for “Fakes” who refuse to just be knock offs of someone else.

That’s a side effect of him being the “definitive” Protoss Templar. He has to be an example of the typical mindset of his people, which ends up meaning he’s just a standard issue protoss whose name we happen to know.

Starcraft has enough of a problem with bland races and characters already. We some actual depth.

Fenix isn’t even a typical mindset either. He distrusts the entire Judicator caste (racist much?) because somebody shot him after he returned from the Kalath Intercession. Technically that war makes him guilty of genocide, but it’s not like that’s a new thing among our “heroes.”

Ulrezaj (20characters)

He said pick only one.

4 Likes

So many to choose from and only one allowed.

But I am gonna back jux and say zeratul

If I can only vote 1 character then it would be Fenix. (SC1;not the LoTV version)
Followed by Tassadar, Zeratul, and Aldaris.

Fenix follows the Conclave’s orders and there’s no proof he distrusts them until they start to actively work against the protoss’s interests. And he’s guilty of genocide? Wat? That’s some insane troll logic you got there.

Anyway, all the people voting for Fenix in this thread show that a cookie-cutter static character can work & work well, regardless of your completely subjective opinion.

Out of curiosity, when does it say that Fenix distrusts the Judicator Caste?

Well I’m just referring to the part where he says “Yes, and that makes them all the more dangerous. They hunt you even now, Tassadar. And though I damn myself by doing so, I shall stand by you till the end.”

But there’s literally a cut line at the start of the game where he says “I should not have questioned the Conclave’s judgments so hastily.” He’s clearly not meant to be a Conclave hater. Don’t know where Tricky gets his info from.

2 Likes

Fenix fought in the Kalath Intercession. Which was a genocide. He was shot upon returning home by his disgusted peers because he somehow didn’t know it was a genocide.

Did you talk to Talandar in LotV? Or read the wiki?

It says so in his short biography in the manual. It may have been repeated on the wiki or his battle.net bio page if that’s still up.

It was a war. A genocide is the deliberate systematic extermination of a people, which isn’t what happened.

And that makes him a racist? :thinking:

Accidental genocide, then? What else do you call causing so much death and destruction that your own people open fire on you in sheer disgust?

Literally yes. We don’t know Fenix’s tribal bloodline (like most other lore details it was forgotten to worship Kerry), but tribal bloodlines have in-universe been pigeonholed into particular castes. Ara tribe is judicators, Akilae tribe is templars, Furinax is khalai/proletariats.

I suspected Fenix might have been Ara himself, based solely on the term “praetor” initially only being mentioned twice in his bio and the Ara tribe bio. The implication being that all praetors are Ara tribesman.

The world building is so vague.