Protoss vs Terrans

Protoss Strat

I think that Protoss cloaking is very effective against Terrans. (Unless you use a Mothership) The Terran’s detector tower is very underused, so cloaking is a very effective way to sneak up on terrans, then attack. However, you need to attack with a large army, to counteract the Terrans firepower. A mistake I see a lot is trying to attack head on with cloaked units, which is a mistake. Yes, they cannot see the cloaked units, but if you attack, they know where you are. The second mistake I see people make is not understanding the use of cloaked units. The purpose is not to attack head on without being seen, it is to sneak behind your opponents to defeat them.

-Charlie

Cloak is arguably the worst vs terrans since they have a point and click detector that can cover the entire map.
Also, if you have

what was the point in being cloaked at all?

If you see one scan = 1 less mule = 225 minerals = 3 hellions killed, it is not a bad trade for one DT being killed for nothing if he scans you, forcing him to hold back OC energy. Even if it kills a thing and dies afterwards, if he needed scan to kill it you got a profit if gas isn’t your concern. Make sure you make more probes and macro better to back this up or it won’t be an advantage at all.

Terran does need raven or turrets to counter DT harass.