Prestige Masteries 2 (Help)

Hello all. Here’s another request on masteries again for more commander prestiges.
This time the commanders I’ve finished leveling all the way to P3 are
Swann, Zagara, Vorazun, Karax and Abathur.
Thanks again. :smiley:

EDIT: I’m asking for Masteries setup for all the Commanders prestiges.

What is the request?

I think the “request” is his update on his prestige status.
Somebody might have asked him to keep it posted.

I’m asking for help on Masteries points for each prestiges for the Commanders I’ve finish leveling.

What kind of help do you expect?

It’s mostly the points on which Mastery set for each prestige

After playing enough to prestige multiple commanders, you should be able to evaluate it yourself. You could try reading the teamliquid guides though, they have a bit of discussion regarding the mastery choices which might serve as inspiration, or watch youtubers using the prestiges you are interested in playing.

Mastery choices depend to some degree on your play-style, choose the ones you yourself find most useful.

2 Likes

That’s much more clear now. Since you’ve finished P3 for each of the above, I’m going to only lay out the choice of prestige I’ve chosen. Mastery choices generally don’t differ too greatly and is more adherent to your own style.

Swann - I’ve chosen P0 despite finishing prestiges. This is because the downside of each of his prestige affects his Drakken Drill abilities far too much. I am very much drill-centric. As such, my mastery choices are:

• Set 1 - Concentrated Beam Width and Damage - You can opt for a 19/11 split here if you’re super into it, but it doesn’t really matter too much.
  • Set 2 - Structural Health - Immortality protocol requires loss to gain mechanism, which is just poor. Meanwhile, extra bulk enables you to play static on any map whenever you feel like it.
  • Set 3 - Laser Drill Build Time and Cost - This is crucial for drill-centric play. The saved money on its alternative choice allows a faster boost to economy as a whole (throughout a single game). However, it does not delay anything if you simply chooses to drop the vespene drones slightly later (as a saved 700min in a single game isn’t going to break you).

Vorazun - P3 is a straight upgrade of P0 and his strongest prestige by far. While others have merit and fun, they don’t shine nearly as much.

• Set 1 - Black Hole Duration - CC is far more important than cloaking since detection is everywhere on any Brutal mission. Offensive Dark Pylon is difficult to use and hinges on very selective unit sets to gain a benefit, not to mention player skill that varies greatly between allies.
  • Set 2 - Shadow Guard Duration - This is a must if you want to maximize the benefit of P3. Your overall uptime of Shadow Guard in duration and numbers is directly impacted by this mastery. I recommend cast on every cooldown if possible. Once you’ve had enough experience, you can gauge to reduce from there to fit your strategy. SG’s in P3 forms a solid backbone to allow you to play any strategy you like without repercussions at all.
  • Set 3 - Initial Energy - This allows instant extra supply, which means mineral saved, tech time pushed forward (without need to wait for pylon, instead dropping Gateway). To say the least, you need to have enough for at least 1. That said, chrono has absolutely 0 tactical benefit in its timing. What do I mean? The hastened research and thereafter upgrade timings do not provide benefit that is noticeable. Where you’d need Shadow Fury as an example, you can get it without chrono when you need it. Where you’d had level 2 upgrades versus only level 1, your army size and control is the factor (since coop engagement isn’t about trading efficiently, and Amon always trades efficiently).

Ran out of time to finish the others but I think it gives a decent enough start. I’m sure others will weigh in. Choices for others (without the analysis), Zagara P3 (0/30, 30/0, 0/30), Karax P3 (30/0, 30/0, 0/30), Abathur P0 (30/0, 30/0, 0/30).

In term of Prestiges played personally I rather take

• Swann P1 (30/0, ?/? 0/30), I love the slow with his laser.
  • Vorazun P3 (just to good, and same masteries as Fearr).
  • Zag … depends. When not P1 I rather go 30/0, 30/0, 0/30 because I really like to spam her skills.
  • Karax I prefer P0 or P2 and masteries for all but P3 are (30/0, 0/30, 0/30). For P3 masteries look at Fearr above.
  • Abathur … I don’t play him but consensus is that P0 or P2 are usually better and masteries (30/0, 30/0, ?/?) Last one depends how effective you are with toxic nests.

What I use
Swann of any prestige - 0/30, 0/30, 20/10.
Zagara P0, P2 - 30/0, 30/0, 0/30
Zagara P1, P3 - 30/0, 0/30, 0/30
Vorazun of any prestige - 30/0, 30/0, 0/30
Karax P0, P2 - 30/0, 0/30, 0/30
Karax P1 - 0/30, 0/30, 0/30
Karax P3 - 30/0, 30/0, 0/30
Abathur of any prestige - 30/0, 0/30, 10/20
Most of it are just personal preferences unless some of the masteries are made useless by prestige disadvantages and no real choice left (but this situations are pretty easy to figure out by yourself).