Prestige Leveling was actually fun... mostly

I wish i had the option to reset commander level again. Without any prestige or bonus… just a level reset.

It seemed to me that when i was queueing up with a commander <15, then i was more often paired with allies who are also <15.

Playing regular brutal games with two low level commanders was more fun than i expected - its pretty boring playing brutal with 2 maxed commanders. Below max level most of the time you are not able to 100% carry the game, so teamplay is actually required.

OK maybe it sux playing at levels 1 depending on the commander (leveling some commanders was major pain for me… especially Zagara), but most of the time it was fun. Mistakes matter more, good play is more rewarding, which makes for more interresting games. And games are very different, cause every other game you get a new ability, calldown, upgrade or whatever.

Not to mention that is the case for your ally too.

Would anyone else use a commander level reset (past P3), if there was an option to do so?

5 Likes

Not sure if I would, but that may change if I get bored of the ascension grind. I can’t imagine the change to be terribly difficult to implement since the functionality is already there. I think it’s an option worth exploring.

Here’s something I’ve suggested before, which you could try: Reset all your mastery points to 0 and then play Brutal/+. Not as challenging as being <lvl 15 but harder than having all 90 mastery points. And you could play with an ally who’s willing to do the same.

I see your point. However at some point you will be 1000 - then EXP does not matter anymore. The only thing that matters then is how interesting and fun the games are.

Yes, that would probably work for most people. However i am not the kind of person that likes to play in teams. I do get invited by others occationally, but i honestly prefer playing alone (with random allies). That allows me to take a break or go watch some vids in between without affecting anyone.

Not here. Mainly b/c I doubt I’ll t have the time to go through Prestige as is, let alone yet again “for fun”. I’m thinking that at this point, you may as well play on a different server. Or just use a new account (you’ll have to rebuy everything, but if you’ve played the heck out of your last account, then you probably gotten your money’s worth).

That one is for sure.

Just playing consistently will get you there faster than you may think. Except of course you keep playing brutal+ and loosing games left and right.

You can play about 2-3 random brutal games per hour. 3h per day gets you 75 games in 10 days - if you win all, then this gives you a P3 maxed commander.

If you keep this up, you can do 3 commanders a month - or all in 6.

1 Like

Those are big Ifs, aren’t they?

• Brutal from lvl 1 on all commanders
  • Winning 100% of the games including with low level on brutal
  • Playing 3 hours every day for months

I have played and grinded a lot as of late but that’s still a significant amount of time invested to up prestiges (and without playing your lvl 15 except with the bug on reset).

And again … with all those leavers winning fast sure is challenging, especially low level.

1 Like

finally on my last prestige and last 6 levels before i complete everything

time needed is like getting two characters to level 60 in classic wow…very time consuming…

1 Like

That’s the crux of the issue. I can’t keep this up. Beforehand, I could put in around say, 18 hours per month. Assuming all other variables being equal, this is 1/5 of what you posted, I’m looking at 2.5 years to level everyone up to max P3.

On one hand, I don’t just want to level up and immediately move on. I’d like to play a few dozen games on a Prestige at Mastery, so that slows things down even more. OTOH, there are some Prestiges where I can reduce to low priority or “very low priority”, so that probably cuts out around half of them. Still, I’m looking at around say, 1 to 2 years to “have my cake and eat it too”.

REALLY bummed there won’t be anymore XP boosts :frowning: