Prestige exp grind NEEDS a major buff

The grind for prestige needs to be significantly shortened. The new content and skills with the prestige is nice and all BUT it takes sooo long to grind for those people who have lives and don’t play coop all day.

Something must be done to increase exp gains. I cannot access the new content, skills and abiities on my 10+ commanders because its locked behind a ridiculous grind.

Proposal 1
Increase exp by 100% for each prestige level you have on current commander.

Proposal 2
Increase exp gained by 10% for each level 15 commander and for each prestige point(from all commanders overall).

Proposal 3
Sell Exp buff in store for 5-10 bucks.

5 Likes

I liked the idea of getting a small exp boost for each commander we prestige with. I made the mistake of prestiging all of my commanders the first day before I really knew the grind I was in for but it wouldn’t be so bad if I got 5-10% exp bonus for each one I prestiged.

Did the same thing, don’t regret it quite so much mostly because I plan on grabbing one and sticking with it, and so far my favorites are all 1 or 2 and it hasn’t been awful but yeah if you plan to grind every commander to P3 that is going to take awhile.

There are a couple ways we could do this:

1. each individual commander gets an XP buff per prestige maybe like 15/25/40% so those last few levels go just a bit faster

2. You gain a small XP bonus for every commander you prestige at least once, probably in the vicinity of 2.5 to 5 percent each.

Also, another idea, make it so you can choose which talent you get on prestiging, this eliminates grind for people who only want a specific one, plus if Blizz wants to make even more prestige talents it would be a lot more accessible, if they make 3 more talents each per commander good god not being able to pick would be a nightmare.

Rather than make releveling faster, focus on making it more fun.

1. Choose the Prestige you get

2. Make sure important benefits of the Prestige are available from level 1

3. make Mastery available to Relevelers

7 Likes

this an idea, maybe make the talents related to the prestige available from level 1 and you just skip that level in the process.

they should add separate talents for each prestige talent. scourge queen for example renders several talents inoperable because they apply only to zagara`s hero unit. they could however add a 2 day experience boost for any commander whose level is reset for prestige. that would have enabled players to level up faster.

That sounds like a little too much work, you’re pretty much asking them to redo every commander 3 times.

Complete Separate talent trees for each prestige would be too much. Far better to just have the Prestige move some things to Lvl 1

i am talking about the power sets, some of them is completely useless with certain prestige talents.

Yes, and that is ok because attempting to change all of those talents would likely lead to bugs/balance problems.
KIS
Prestige should only change some things to be available at level 1.(that are otherwise available later)

you have not read my explanation, have you? i am not even talking about the stuff gained by leveling up from level 1 to 15 but, the talents gotten through mastery levels. zagara for example have some that only affects her hero unit. those should be replaced in the scourge queen prestige talent to instead affect something else.

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different prestiges.

For the others, you can buy lootboxes for a chance of unlocking the prestige you want.

6 Likes

But I want it all, and they all have to be fun for me, and tailored to my needs. You are suppressing my freedom and enjoyment for saying this!

Angry noises

:joy:

Those mastery sets removed are just part of the things removed by the Prestige.

Many Presiges remove a mastery option (although I think Zagara is the only one that removes a pair)

I think the talents/masteries that are cancelled by a prestige should just be left as is.

I doubt anyone has any pride for unlocking prestiges. It’s such a grindfest.

3 Likes

do you work for dice or something?

1 Like

I hope you guys realize I’m quoting basically word-for-word EA’s infamous reddit post.

4 Likes

I don’t think they got the joke, no.

I’m glad you weren’t being serious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

Well played :clap:

2 Likes

Oh my :rofl:

Considering there is no micropayment for unlocking prestiges unless war-chest, what Bliazzard did was a pure trolling against players.