Potatoss is Broken

By doing that you will violate the Protoss race-fantasy. Your changes will only make Protoss a kind of Terran with expensive units.
BW was the pinnacle of Starcraft: look at that game and draw conclusions.

2 Likes

BW: No warp gate. Thank you for agreeing with me Goba. Together we can form a Church of Protoss Correctionism where we can teach the proper ways of Protoss design. Warp gate was never intended for true Protoss. It is a sin forced upon us by the deepest evil known to human kind: ActiBlizzard.

Yes, but moving big amount of units in BW was severely hampered by engine constraints (Protoss having fewer numbers suffered the least), also Protoss in mid/late game had Arbiters with extremely powerful abilities.
For not speaking about Dark-Archons that were able to turn the fate of battles.
I am not married to warp but if warp goes something more than a marginal buffs to Zzealot/Stalker is required (not counting the fact that you also want to nerff our AOE).

2 Likes

Naturally buffs to all gateway units. AoE would have to be reduced though as the current level of its strength is as such due to the fact Protoss cannot lean heavily on gateway units when Zerg/Terran production grows beyond 3 and 2 bases respectively. If Gateway units are more viable and powerful, having the combined with the existing strength of AoE would be unreasonable. My suggestions for this are still relatively simple:

Sentry FF can block shades and novas
Disruptor Nova uses the Siege tank damage falloff while retaining the same base damage for those calculations
Collosi - No change, is actually a well balanced unit because of the air vulnerability
Warp Prism => Shuttle

Specific Disruptor breakdown:
units (whether hostile or friendly) within .4687 matrices of the target take full damage, units between .4687 and .7812 matrices of the target take 72.5 (50%) damage, and units between .7812 and 1.25 matrices from the target take 36.25 (25%) damage.

Still mostly kills on its targets but requires the improved gateway support to clean up

Bruh, Ninaā€™s gender thing is not new, it has been for years as far I know, and was playing protoss since forever.

Also you must consider that is easier rising on a small and less competitive scene than in a healthy one, KR is a few big names if you look at it, there is no new blood, so yeah, Zoun starts playing well, enough to play at the same level as other p players, so whatā€™s the problem?, itā€™s a scene with a declining skill, you donā€™t have rising stars like Clem or Reynor, you just have washed up players and sometimes one player in a hot streak.And NAā€¦itā€™s pure meme, ā€˜ā€˜prosā€™ā€™ are more like amateurs and some of the top players barely play the game like Scarlett who is so decent that can just play the tournament and receive some free money from the weak NA region because as soon as she plays outside it she gets destroyed.

LUL, Disruptor is not Tank, it does not fire by himseld each 2 seconds. You are turning Disruptor in a single-target unit with the ridiculous nerff that will make killing Marauder/Ghosts/Roach/Ravagers a thing of the past.
I would understand if you replaced Disruptor with Reaver and everything would be fair.
A unit that has a 21 Sec-CD canā€™t be turned in a glorified SiegeTank that needs babbysitting ā€¦
Your proposal would make sense if Disruptor CD would be equal with Ravager CD (Ravager is able to also hit air).

1 Like

I didnā€™t say it was a tank. It still does way more damage than a tank, is more mobile than a tank, has more range than a tank. When combined with an improved gateway army 5-6 disruptors would still be a tide changing unit.

As for Reavers, Reavers are actively a buff over Disruptors in the SC2 engine. 3 Reavers can kill 150 zealots in seconds. Buffed gateway requires some nerfed AOE and the Collosus isnā€™t a good target imo because itā€™s already well designed. HTs are gateway units so would be nerfed by having to be built instead of warped. Keep in mind, Collosus + Disruptor would make a lot more sense with my suggestion because the weakened units would die in 1-2 hits against the collosi.

NA used to be a battle between Neeb, Scarlett and Masa. Only one of them fell off. feels terran manā€¦

1 Like

Tank is (like Immortal, Collo etc) a consistent unit. Disruptor is high risk/high reward unit that is used once in 21 seconds canā€™t be degraded on having the Nova do the damage of the Tank-shot.
Unless you reduce drastically the CD (at the level of Ravager).
As about the mobility and Range (Both have the same range) those are not the only elements, Tank ignores the terrain whereas Disruptor requires a plain field with nothing in between.
You are simply trying to mold Protoss race in the terran image and are asking to turn the protoss race in a kind of terran clone with a different skin.

1 Like

Protoss use to take some skill in WOL, but not anymore.

When Hero Marine plays protoss on stream he has a 100% winrate vs 6-7K terrans LOL

Protoss is the noob race, Terran is the skilled race and zerg is somewhere inbetween.

1 Like

Not to break your narrative but I play Potatoss. Iā€™m speaking from that experience and not crying as some Terran.

Iā€™m sorry that it makes you feel bad but Potatoss is easy mode.

1 Like

Sorry to burst your bubble but my point still stands

+1000000000000000000000000000

1 Like

People who make that argument have absolutely no clue what they are talking about, whether itā€™s game balance, game understanding, nor statistics nor mathematics.

Basically balance only affects performance +/- ~100 Elo which will split a win-rate 64/36 between equally skilled opponents, HOWEVER the pro scene easily has players 1000 Elo or more - some players have -1000 or less. Do you know what the win-rate is between a 1000 Elo player and a -1000 Elo player? It is 99.999% vs 0.001%. Monstrous skill differences between the pro players is the driving force in tournaments like the GSL, and these skill differences are so massive that they dwarf any effect that balance has.

By the way, the small sample of games in top level tournaments also means pure chance is also a much bigger factor than balance. Even if a player is favored to win with a 75% win-rate vs his opponent (not even Serral has that high of an average win-rate), there is still a 15% chance he will lose 0-2 or 1-2 in a best of 3.

No dude. Weā€™re doing it because out of a passion for a game we enjoy, we hope that Blizzard will come to their senses and do something about it so that the game doesnā€™t suck.

And yet parting loses vs 3700 mmr Players :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you actually implying that toss only has one variety of cheese, and that it involves

?

Sellin hopeā€™s like selling soap, son Iā€™ll tell you why
You canā€™t make either one without a little bit of lye

That isnā€™t what I said, thatā€™s how youā€™ve (mis)interpreted it.

How did I (mis)interpret it?

Did I use the word cheese? No? Then your implication is a misinterpretation.