Possible Glitch w/ Kerrigan's Omega Worms?

TL;DR Played Kerrigan, ended up commanding a Protoss army that couldn’t use the Omega worms for some reason. Is that supposed to happen?

This is a half question/half-venting kind of post. I was playing Kerrigan (past rank 15) alongside a Talandar player on that one mission with Donny Vermilion. The lava-flooding one. Anywho, my plan was to dot the high ground with Omega worms that I and the other player could jump between to quickly secure the space rocks and ambush any would-be base assaults.

The other player left about a quarter into the mission, leaving me with 6-7 Protoss units (a named Dragoon and Colossus, a few Immortals, and Talandar himself). Problem was, they couldn’t enter the worms! So alongside working at about half-pace because I’m just one (mediocre) player, I had to babysit these painfully slow Protoss so they didn’t trapse into an unwinnable fight or just jump into the lava.

I know Omega worms are supposed to work with allies, but did something happen here that I missed? Or was it a glitch?

1 Like

This seems to happen when it occurs to me on the rare occasion as well. I don’t believe it’s a glitch though.

From what I’ve observed, your left-the-game ally’s units become friendly neutral in its nature. And while you get to control and use them, they are excluded from being able to enter the Nydus. At least so I’ve come to rationalize it.

Someone with more editor knowledge can probably confirm this.

This has been a bug since pretty much the beginning of co-op. If it’s not been fixed now, I doubt it will ever be fixed.

3 Likes

The way Omega worms work for your ally is there are actually 2 omega worms in the one spot… Yours and your ally’s but you can only select yours. When your ally drops, then you still can’t select/target the “allied” omega worm since your Omega worm takes up the spot.

1 Like

In the editor, it says that Spawned Nydus are “conjoined together” so you and your ally can use.
I think you are right about 2 Omega worms spawning as the abillity/behaviour corresponds to the ally.

Verified: looks like the “Greater Nydus Worm Transport (Load)” ability excluded the “ally” tag.
When included, works like a charm (Allied units can come in and out).
Thanks for reminding me

ohhhhhh that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!