Portraits are back (for some)

Thanks for Budgerboo for pointing it out, the forums have portraits again. (Just wanted to signal boost a bit for it)

5 Likes

I just logged out and logged back in…

3 Likes

How can I delete cookies for this specific site?

I really should try to play on the US server to see if that’s the trick it would take to get a portrait here.
But I’m not sure what would be locked and unlocked there, I don’t feel like replaying a bunch of stuff to reunlock what I want.

Trias did some extensive research into the portrait issue and found two issues: mismatched portraits and what they termed “stalled” portraits.

It seems the mismatched portraits were fixed not to long ago, however the stalled portraits (like my generic SCII portrait) are still not working.

It a start at least!

4 Likes

Dang, bugs upon bugs, I pity the forum techs.

1 Like

It’s fixed indeed !

That was enough for me as well. That’s about the same than deleting your cookies in fact. :slight_smile:

Just log-out and then back in.
Otherwise find the cookies in your browsers cache and delete them manually, but if you’re not used to that the first method is way simpler. :slight_smile:

Well my portrait was stalled as well since about two months, and now it isn’t. Log out and back in, if it doesn’t work we’ll study your case on the main thread. Thanks for pointing it out btw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No prob! It was some great work!

I gave the log out and in a try. For good measure, I cleared the browser’s cache as well. No luck!

It worked for me just clearing all site’s data

I had to do that, too, to get my portrait back

1 Like

Test post to see if portrait back

About damn time. I was missing my Kerrigan portrait for the longest time.

Ty sweetheart. Finally after half a year or something I can see my pic.

Very professional from blizz or whoever is in charge… :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

You always had your portrait damn lucky Nova fan :thinking:

It did not show for me

You’re welcome, honey. ^^

You’re seeing the glass half empty here. See the bright side of things :

• This was a forums cosmetic issue, thus quite low priority
  • Yet they fixed the avatars mismatches mere days after I get to their hears in the 5.0.4 version thread
  • Then they fixed the log-in issues in about one week after they first appeared
  • And then, one month later, we get the stalled avatars bugs fixed as well.

If anything, the correct attitude would be to thank them, since they listened to our reports, and to our requests even if it was a low priority issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Your case might be a different one, since your avatar was stalled before most of the other ones were. And if you’re the only one affected, that would make the fixing extremely low priority. It could be interesting to ask about it the other ones that had a stalled avatar before the 22th of October, we had two or three others on the main report thread.

However, before that Darfeyn and I had found a fix that helped in some cases. Might be worth the try, even if there’s no warrantee.

1 Like

Log out and log back in boys.

There’s a couple with the generic Starcraft 2 here in this thread.

Dunno if you are new or something. This isn’t the first time that happens. Throughout the years it has happened endlessley. They screw the avatars, they fix it after a lot of time. And the cycle begins. You are definitely seeing the full glass here.

I won’t thank them for this. And even less after the current state of this dead game. Sorry sweetheart.

1 Like

Really? I thought you had it all the time. I remember your avatar and nick but maybe I’m mistaken.