[Poll] What commanders need nerf and what need a buff?

i kinda wish the war prisms were cheaper, they drop like flies when Amon has anti air :frowning:

1 Like

If you have spread out pylons a mobile field is just not needed.

In fact i not only have pylons on the field, but my gateways too. Every time i attack somewhere, i drop a pylon and it will stay there providing power field, and overcharge option. And if it happens to be on an attack path, i add 2 gateways and 2 cannons.

Cause whats even better than an overcharged pylon? An overcharged gateway with 1000 HP.

Overcharging the prism is only really helpful if you can’t manage to have a probe build a pylon where you need it.

You need to build at least 15 pylons anyway… so why not just save the money for the prism and robo and just put your pylons where they are most useful? I mean instead of having them stand uselessly in your base.

This is the biggest downfall of War Prism since Alarak rolled out. Their function compete with Pylon but doesn’t actually provide supply. This meant players have to build Pylons to upkeep the supply demand (which is high for the Highlord), meanwhile demanding more micro (and tech since not everyone need Robo) to make use of them. Even post the revamp where Overcharge can be cast upon a field-deployed War Prism, many unfavourable issues remain:

1. War Prism’s own HP isn’t bulky and gets targeted down due to a lack of air units to tank, causing a concentrated fire upon War Prism alone against any composition with AA.
  2. This is somewhat remedied by Overcharge while field-deployed but isn’t always possible since War Prism’s one single advantage over Pylon is its high mobility. And unfortunately, while mobilizing it loses the high damage output of Overcharge, which is a key feature/damage/tactical advantage of Alarak
  3. Again, the supply and micro issue. Using War Prism meant intrinsically the player has to devote more APM to using War Prism. Where most players would put down x amount of micro using a Probe to build Pylon (whether its within base or throughout the map), using War Prism require additional APM/micro. Sadly, most players fail at this feat, meaning over-devotion towards War Prism and as such fail to move into position properly and/or fail to defend another area where Overcharge is required (assuming they don’t build Pylons throughout).
3 Likes

It is not. The War Prism’s power field is still small.

What’s better than having a Pylon that is out in the open and stationary? A pylon that can move and adjust where it is so that you don’t have to build ANOTHER Pylon and burn ANOTHER Overcharge. Pylons are better for those who don’t like micro, and on stationary maps, like Oblivion Express. War Prisms are strictly better in every other mobile map scenario.

See Previous block. Mobile power field and mobile Overcharge.

About War Prism (Buff)

There is an arcade Game in Asian Server, in there there is a GIGANTIC TALDARIM WAR PRISM (like one in the campaign) that has 1000/1000 shield and health and carries up to 128 units.

The interesting thing is, when it is attacked it releases abilities that special units is riding.
For example when 12 Swarm hosts riding inside it releases 24 locusts.

So my propasal is to make War Prism a portable Bunker like air unit with increased Stats (Triple) and Unit Slots (Double or Triple).

For example… if it carries all 4 Vanguards they attack at once and deal Huge damage.

Uhhh no. That would be absolutely ridiculous and is not something that Alarak needs.

I would more like the warp prism to be removed and replaced with “mothership core” (max 2 on the map). Don’t care about the stats as long as it has recall/teleport ability.

Warp prism Just doesn’t help with Alaraks mobility issues.

3 Likes

So you are proposing to make War Prism (a carrying-unit with no attack [edit: has next to 0 attack :rofl: thanks @sprite], 7.48 DPS lolz) into a better unit than the Mothership… which is the Highlord’s ultimate calldown…? I think this proposal needs some commander understanding and further revision lol.

Now that’s a more theme-aligned suggestion, which actually helps to correct some issues most players run into.

The War Prism DOES have an attack. It’s just never used due to how weak it is.

Mothership core wouldn’t help it either, since we can’t upgrade them into full Motherships.

1 Like

How about making Shield Overcharge castable on a War Prism also while it is in “ship form”?
It would make it a rather fun way to use Shield Overcharge, having up to 3 War Prisms flying overhead each Overcharged and raining destruction :slight_smile:

I think people have discussed this before, if I am recalling correctly.

It would be very fun but opens up to too many exploits. War Prisms move very fast since the revamp, being they are air units they can skip over a lot of things.

That said, I don’t personally believe it’ll affect the map objectives as the old-discussion made it out to be. It would work bettet but not going to be game breaking.

I’m fed up pal. You’re just a bad player. Like most players. You have no idea what you are talking about. There i said it. I may not even be good… but i bet my pants that i’m miles ahead of you.

Wanna have see how pylon overcharge works? Scroll up and find the one i posted. And i didn’t even made it for overcharge demonstration. You got the advantage here… go ahead… play your best possible prism game and lets compare, novice.

If you can prove me wrong, i will apologoze and gift you 100$ the same day. That is not a joke. I mean it.

The deciding factor who played better will be this forum post here… we’lll do a poll, and let the community decide.

I want Karax commander to deploy himself on front line with ability to drop down free defensive structure. That would make him more viable.
The current Karax is so trash that he couldn’t play anywhere else outside of brutal.

I’ve seen people play Karax and push fairly well that you’d think they were playing as Artanis. That said, I’m NOT able to pull that sort of thing off.

1 Like

In Brutal, you can push with any commander but in Brutation, Karax have little to no option. Also, every other commander do his job better, just look at Zeratul (lol).
Karax only viable option is carrier and it is very expensive.
When playing as Karax in Brutation, you have to commit into offense or defense. Trying to do both will result in a lost unless you get carried by ally. His top bar power also work against him in some mutation.
Giving him Karax as a hero that drop down free defensive structure only make him a viable option, not top tier.

I don’t think it is a good idea to compare Karax with Artanist. Artanist passive is too powerful to compare it to Karax. Actually, Karax usefulness won’t even come close to Artanist until Karax got his golden armada ready but by then, you won’t be able to tell.

This is actually funny, lol.

Kerrigan needs a buff, give us stronger defensive structures with her, make her abilities do more damage. Give her Psi-Storm or Ensnare.

Stetmann needs a buff, buff corrupters, give us the ability to turn stetfields into detectors or give them the ability to have some form of defensive autonomy. Stet should also have science vessels.

Tychus (Blaze) needs a buff, specifically Nikara and Blaze. Nikara needs to have some sort of pistol for autonomy, and blaze needs to have his abilities buffed.

Stukov needs a buff, give him a new infantry unit (Infested Ghosts) and fix bunkers.

Amon needs a buff, we need a higher difficulty mode and I’d like to see stronger enemy units.

H&H Needs a buff, I’d like to see a new unit or two. Buff widow mines. I don’t know why we got Hellions, I’d always presumed Vultures to be more up Mira’s valley.

Abathur buff, needs more symbiote related stuff.

Alarak: Buff. Make War Prisms more viable.

Artanis: Buff. Lower timer on Solar Bombardment, Give us the ability to temporarily call down Artanis as a temporary controllable hero with some zealots. Make Reavers more viable units. Give them the ability to go into siege mode or something and increase their range and damage (Light Units).

Dehaka: Nerf and Buff. Dehaka needs to a slightly longer ramp up time. Make Creeper Hosts more viable.

Swann: Buff. Give Swann Planetary Fortress and give him upgrade missile turrets.

Fenix: I’m not going to touch this one.

Karax: I’m not going to touch this one.

Zagara: Buff. Bile Launchers need to be better. Make corrupters a viable unit outside of Void Launch.

Vorazun: Buff. Rework. I’d like to see her have some sort of a dark sentry unit for support.

Corruptors are actually fine where they are. Cluster Busters are insane anti-air DPS.

There’s a problem with the bunkers?

Abathur needs a buff? Since when?

War Prisms are fine where they’re at. I’d rather see a buff to either Vanguards, or allowing Alarak to build Destroyers.

+1. I like this idea.

Reavers are already viable. You must not be building them against very much. They’re excellent at taking down high armor and high clump targets on the ground. They’re even faster than they were in Brood War.

I honestly think Kerrigan is fine where she is right now. She already has many abilities.

I wouldn’t mind if Nikara got the lore friendly UED flashbang pistol thingy so she wouldn’t aimlessly run in, but a simple bit of micro can help that. But I don’t usually pick Nikara anywhere, Rattlesnake plus mediplatforms are just too good.
Blaze could use some help in my opinion too, maybe if he wasn’t melee and he didn’t have that stupid delay on his attacks.

I personally feel like Stukov has one of the strongest late-game armies. And what’s wrong with bunkers, they are amazing!

What kind of units would you like to see? Their playstyle couldn’t really fit anything else in right now, except maybe the Predators? And they have Hellions so they have Hellbats.

I’d rather see some mech related buffs.

They are a siege unit, they do a lot of damage to buildings. And they do a 100 damage (115) and extra 50 against structures (65), that’s nothing to sneeze at.

Planetary Fortresses would be cool, but the fact they can’t fly would be annoying on some maps. And he already has both WoL upgrades for the missile turrets, what else does he need?

Somebody said somewhere that Bile Launchers could work like Liberators, and I really fancy that idea.

I’d like to see Kerrigan’s upgrades be more effective. Chain Reaction should do more damage, and hit an additional target. I’d like to see Kerrigan have her ensare ability from BW or at least have Psionic Shift stun or slow the movement/attack speeds of those who are hit by it. I would think that if you were hit by that attack IRL and survived, you’d be stunned.

I wrote up some stuff.

Nikara: Give Nikara a pistol, Give her the ability to heal 3 instead of 2, increase her healing power by 25%, remove restorative burst and give her BW medic flashbang instead.

BW medic flashbang can be used to reduce an enemy’s range to 1 or reduce enemy hero’s range by 3. Same cooldown as Restorative Burst.

Blaze: Increase Blaze’s starting armor to 3, increase his range to 2.5, Blaze’s oil spill should start default with Hades Oil and High Capacity. Give Blaze two upgrades instead.

I’ve always felt Blaze should be the big bad tank against lings, banes, zealots, marines, and light mech. I feel that he doesn’t really shine that way.

Infernal Pre-Igniter: Increase damage +7 and increase damage to light units plus 22instead of plus 17.

High Octane pump: Every 15 seconds Blaze’s attack range increases +2 for 3 seconds, make this auto-cast.

Tychus: Give him an autocast stimpack ability (Tychus Secret Stash) which increases attack damage and movement speed. Tychus should have a secondary ability outside of shredder grenade, either that or give him auto-cast Hail of Lead.

Bunkers should get a bit of a buff after that last nerf. I’d like to see them have an additional 1+ Range and additional movement speed.

Predators or vultures would be nice. I’d like to see more versatility with Widow Mines. I feel that Battlecruisers are overly expensive as well.

His Vanguards should have the same strength as they did in LoV.

I’m going to use Reavers more. I used them a lot in SC and felt they were slightly underpowered.

Planetary Fortressed should be available, with an upgradable “Arc Cannon” that gives it additional range, damage to light units, and it should be able to fly. I’d like to see his missile turrets have increased health and do additional damage to armored. Unit wise and having just played him, he’s fine.

I fancy this idea as well.