[Poll] What commanders need nerf and what need a buff?

So people really want nerfs?
The forum is usually rioting when a commander gets nerfed.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s my first thought if Iā€™m concerned about a commander, check out how anyone good plays that CO really well. From vids I know I needs loads of buffs to my play to get anywhere near the full power out of Raynor.

1 Like

Finish for today.

Karax and Alarak got the 1st nerf vote by today. Karax is still leading with 19-1. Stukov overtook Alarak with 10-1 vs 8-1. H&H rose to 7-0

Zeratul welcomed the 2nd buff vote but is still holding the most nerf vote at 2-13. Abathur is slowly behind with 1-6.

Nova is still unseen. Well, she got to turn off the Apollo suit.

2 Likes

Swann buff
Zagara buff (especially before level 12)
Kerrigan buff (especially brud luds)
Alarak buff (non-supplicant units mineral cost decreased)
Abathur buff (especially ravagers)

Can I vote for a nova buff now? I really miss that suit, it was so awesome.

1 Like

YOU LAZY!

That was me.

Topicstarter check everything one more time please. There were at least 2 votes for Fenix.

1 Like

How many Raynor bunkers do you see?

Time to buff Raynor real hard imo.

1 Like

As mentioned, everyone got 5 votes. If there are more than 5 votes, i will only count the 1st 5 votes in that reply.

Did you create this topic to improve the game or to make people dance by your rules? There is no point of that 5 votes restriction. Why not 3 then? Why not 10? You chosen 5 because of what reason? If someone names Karax as the 6th one, does that mean Karax does not need buff? Reconsider that, srsly.

Alarak Buff
Karax Buff
Swann Buff

Ill just take this opportunity to note that nova is the only commander who has not been reccomended for a buff or a nerf - best designed commander

4 Likes

To say it in your very own words: I donā€™t think Cereb made this topic to suffer personal attacks by you ā€¦ (Sorry to get personal Hell but youā€™re quit inconsistentā€¦)

And I personally think 5 votes are perfect cause it makes people think about what changes they want the most.

And besides I think the answer on your first question is ā€œneitherā€, he just wants a discussion and provide some data, data that is only meaningful given certain restrictions.

5 Likes

There are at least a dozen maps where the first wave hits before 4 minutes, and I have seen quite a few random queue Raynorā€™s massing bunkers (with tanks) on DoN and TotP. Some of them sucked and barely held 1 entrance with everything they had, but some of them were solid mutation allies who made Karax look lame.

I myself will use bunkers with firebats loaded into them on DoN combined with siegetanks and missile turrets and a few scvs to repair. After the defenses are properly in place I start going with the classic Raynor marine medic spam to help clean up the map. This is all of course if my ally canā€™t handle defenses like if Iā€™m with a Zagara.

FWIW, Iā€™m on the fence in suggesting I wish her Ghostsā€™ snipes would work on mechanical units.

I think then her ghosts would probably be must have for every enemy comp.

1 Like

Recently played a few Artanis games (after a long time ignoring him) and he feels so weak and wimpy.
Weak early, weak mid, weak end game.
Having 200 starting pop is convenient but it is not all that strong of an economy advantage as soon as you exit early game (its about 2000 minerals saved in total).

His two big calldowns got long cooldowns and his first calldown is extremely weak (borderline useless).
Most brutal games i canā€™t reach max pop if i have to carry equal weight (no zeratul, abathur, dehaka etc).

Anti air for artanis is surprisingly awful, phoenix as usual suck vs armored and tempests only have 6 anti-air range which makes them dead vs any enemy air.
Dragoons are surprisingly OK after the buffs but due to their big bodies they are not the most effective or mobile anti-air.

The usual lack of healing/repair makes half of your army near death.
If your teammate has heal/repair then suddenly Artanis feels like he is OK.

Honestly i would rank Artanis as the weakest commander in comparison with others.
Ye im sure there is some grand master player doing some mumbo jumbo with every coop commander but as far as average players go Artanis is a lot of effort for minimal results.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, I clear oblivion express getting almost 7 times the kills of my teammate with Artanis and have a couple thousand minerals by the end because Iā€™m maxed all the time.

What are you doing with Artanis?

3 Likes

What the liquid coop guide advises, just modernized for latest changes.

Dunno what army comp you go for - aside from mass tempests everything else suffers quite a few losses without a very powerful teammate.