[Poll] What commanders need nerf and what need a buff?

Is there no proper poll mechanic for this forum?
Jesus blizzard its almost 2020…

Anyway:
Raynor buff
Swann Buff
Artanis buff
Alarak buff
HnH buff

Kharax needs a complete REWORK - simple buffs are unlikely to do enough.
Zeratul, abathur and dehaka need some nerfs.

2 Likes

Finished the poll update till this point.

Remember this poll will be closed by the beginning of Blizzcon 2019.

@Bogdanov89
Well, i and some people reached a valid conclusion on what makes Karax a frown face months ago. The simple buff i can suggest that will solve all of his problem are 2 thing.
_ Remove Karax Tax
_ “Unit cost reduction” mastery turn into “Unit Shield & Health” +1~30 Health & Shield.

These are very simple adjustment but i believe it will increase Karax’s performance by 250% if apply.

2 Likes

@Cerebrate

Yea i agree - karax tax needs to be removed completely by default.
Also karax would need a proper anti air unit… phoenixes are not the best vs heavy air and immortal cannon ability isnt enough vs skytoss/skyterran and sky hybrids.

2 Likes

Yeah but it appeared we could not decide what units or abilities or mechanic that can fit with Karax without it being too irrelevant or overpowered.

Many other also pointed it to me that Karax got Orbital Strikes as Anti-air and i could not counter their argument so the debate on giving Karax new anti-air unit just stop there.

In the end, i compromised by suggesting the mastery. With a maximum of +30 Health & +30 Shield, Karax units should be much tankier and even if you run into air terran. Your units will last much longer for you to fire Orbital Strike with much better accurate.

It’s a general win-win for Karax while his playstyle remains the same as people know and love it.

That’s where good use of SoA comes in. Solar Lance used well almost completely wipes waves. I’ve seen many people waste SoA energy or use Lance just before a big wave so it’s on cooldown.

From the Karax guide:

"While hotkeying Top Bar abilities is useful for every commander, Karax sees even more mileage out of an efficient set of hotkeys. Actively using Orbital Strike and Solar Lance is key to playing Karax well, especially if you have a sufficient reserve of energy on hand. "

Also please buff Chrono Overload Energy Regeneration Mastery.
Even if you have 30 points into this mastery, you will only gain +30 Solar energy within 20 seconds.

Have it
Regenerate 120 Solar Energy within 20 seconds
Or
Accelerate Spear of Adun cooldown by 60% while active (Solar Lance cooldown should be recovered faster).

2 Likes

My only pics for now are:
BUFF

1. HH - make Widow Mines cost 0 to 10 gas.

2. Karax - Starting off, I’ve only played Karax and Swann. Now, I’ve leveled up 15.5 out of the 17 COs. Overall, I really do prefer Artanis to Karax. I have seen people play Karax effectively. They push as if they were playing Artanis. that said, I’d like Karax to get a combo of the following buffs:
    –no more unit tax
    –allow him to warp Stargate and Robo Facility units directly into power fields like Artanis does
    (In fact, I didn’t try out Artanis until as my 11th CO. HE has it. I’d figure Karax should have this before Artanis. Both from a thematic and gameplay perspective).
    –a “recall” spell that has large AoE that can remove his towers from the map, and refund their costs in resources
    –some reduction in costs and/or build time for his upgrades

3. Stetmann - Make MBCL’s Locuceptors be able to do AA, or, just bring their cost down.

NERF
I’m generally against nerfs. (will post if I think of any)

I’m more disappointed how a Blizzard forum doesn’t have any Blizzard related emoticons.

EDIT: Added details on Karax, and suggestion for ability to have Warp Gates for Robo and Stargate

2 Likes

Lets see…
Buff:
Alarak
Swann
Kerrigan

Nerf:
Zeratul
Tychus (mostly minor stuff)

• Karax - Buff: more powerful units
  • Fenix - Small buff: double the pylons capacity, not that they are too expensive but it is just annoying to have to build so many
  • H&H - Buff/Rework: auto-repair galleons while out-of-combat, allow to switch combat mode (one powerful torpedo with long range OR three less powerful and with lesser range ones)
  • Zeratul - Nerf: he is too straight forward, easy and powerful
  • Amon - Buff
2 Likes

Karax Buff
Artanis Buff
Stukov Buff
Zeratul Nerf
Stettman Nerf

Nerf:
Zeratul
Abathur
Dehaka (too strong units, hero is fine)
Stukov (nerf bunkers even more, I’m serious, you must play Starcraft, not SimCity: making only bunkers all game is not a strategy, bunker must not be a producing building at all)

Buff:
Karax (needs normal unit cost, less upgrades, faster production, ground to air attack)
Swann (needs less depos)
Tychus (fix Blaze and Nikara issues)
Stettman (rework modules so you don’t have to spam nonstop, also he needs more gas)
Zagara (better bile launchers and corruptors, add corpsers)
Alarak (add air, called 1 by 1 like Nova does)
Fenix (more pylons capacity)

Finish for today.

Highest vote for buff is Karax which is more than twice the vote for the next highest buff suggestion, H&H. Stukov tie with H&H at 3rd place.

For nerf, Zeratul got 11 sticks to the faces. Come second is Abathur at 5.

Tychus and Stettman holds balanced vote with equal buff and nerf.

Generally, people want to buff because the commander feels weak or hard to play and want to nerf because the Commander has strong units.

Nova is not mentioned.

1 Like

Alarak buff
Karax buff
Swann buff
Stukov buff
Zeratul nerf

Alarak/Stukov need probably biggest buff , alarak price of supplicants , stukov bunkov nerf plain dumb.

1 Like

Wait, you actually found someone who built a bunker? How?

2 Likes

:open_mouth::man_facepalming:

I know, how did we get more calls for Zeratul nerfs than Abathur nerfs?

2 Likes

It just shows how skewed people’s own ability can be in this particular case.

Abathur’s higher skill ceiling compared to Zeratul’s low skill ceiling demonstrates exactly why people “feel like” Zeratul > Abathur. When in actuality, it is the low skill floor versus higher skill floor of the two that convoluted this perception.

3 Likes

Then don’t play Zeratul? Simple solution. In fact, don’t buy Zeratul.

By this logic, if I felt Kerrigan is too powerful of a hero. Then I guess she needs to be nerf’d. If Raynor’s bio ball is felt to be too dps heavy, then they also need to be nerf’d. What could be more brain-dead than using Spear of Adun, a mindless click spam mechanism. Guess Karax also needs his SoA taken down.

What’s so wrong with some diversity? One strategy being out of balance isn’t a valid reason to nerf a commander overall. For Abathur, his Ultimate Evolutions are a staple to all his gameplay. Projection Cannon is not a staple for Zeratul (though I agree it could use a nerf). But I don’t let that generalize everything.

1 Like

Lol, why am I not surprised to see Karax leading the buffs and Zeratul on the nerfs? :sweat_smile: Although I am surprised by H&H

Karax buff/rework
Alarak buff/rework
Abathur nerf
Zeratul nerf/rework
Stukov buff

Here the reason I believe H&H buffs are wanted: Build 5 galleons at the start, then build some reapers to take expo rocks. Keep building reapers and F2A army into enemy waves. Conclusion: H&H sucks and need buffing.

1 Like