[Poll] What commanders need nerf and what need a buff?

Ok everyone, this is a poll.

Everyone have 5 votes. The vote can be either a buff or a nerf. Example

Abathur buff
Zeratul buff
Stettman buff
Tychus buff
Karax Nerf

No contradicting vote

I want to buff Raynor
but i also want to nerf him

I will count all of them here. If you can give reasons then great. if you can’t, that’s fine. The purpose is the votes, not the discussion or debate.

Left number = buff, right number = nerf
Abathur 2 - 7
Alarak 11 - 2
Artanis 4
Dehaka 0 - 2
Fenix 1
H&H 7
Kerrigan 4 - 0
Karax 21 - 1
Nova 1
Raynor 5 - 0
Swann 8 - 1
Stukov 12 - 1
Stettman 3 - 1
Tychus 5 - 3
Vorazun 4
Zagara 3 - 0
Zeratul 3 - 14

Amon 5 - 0

4 Likes

Stettman buff
Stettman buff
Stettman buff
Stettman buff
Stettman buff
(But not his infestors)

7 Likes

Can we Ad “rework” to the buff/nerf category?

Abathur nerf
H and H rework (bigger differences between units, Reaper/Raven to versatile)
Alarak rework (more viabel builds, change Deathfleet cooldowm to massive storm or whatever and give him air to build (max 3 (different) motherships)
Karrax Buff
Zeratul nerff (canon only)
Stukov buff

We also need a buff to Amon’s ghosts, allowing thel to nuke (though at a lower rate) the bases without ghost academies, the latter only increasing the rate of nukes.

Raynor = Mines should have longer range and have much faster speed. Enemies with detection and ranged arsenal can down lots of them before going down…

Kerrigan = Chain Reaction and Mastery 3.2 (Kerrigan Abilities), - Maybe Mastery 3.2 can leave it be but Chain Reaction Must be buffed

Zagara = Corruptors and Bile Launcher (Auto Target),
Infested Drop could damage Air Units (like Fenix Drop) and deal extra damage against buildings

KARAX = Repalce Mastery 2.2: Solar Energy recharge during Chrono Surge. with something more Vastly Better (30% Unit ability Cooldown reduction and attack speed reduction) (You would say that is too OP but remember… Karax is supposed to have “expensive” but “POWERFUL” purifer units…)
Have Chrono wave or Chrono Surge automatically affect Solar Energy and Cooldown.
Probe should have more shield and longer build range.
Get rid of that darn Camera Shift during top bar ability
Significantly Improve

Abathur = Symbiote Air Attack cost (too expensive)

Alarak = Give Alarak permanent the TALDARIM MOTHERSHIP
Problem solved.

Stukov = Make Bunkers better but not as broken as the 300 minerals and 4 supplies.

Dehaka = No Buffs just get rid of Dehaka’s “Evolve Icon”(T Button) when finished upgrading (Level 15)
Nerf Dehaka’s Psionic Fart (either to 1x or 1.5x)

Han Horner = Make Sovereigns Battlecruisers bit more affordable? (800 Minerals and 600 Gas)?

Tychus = Blaze should have much larger radius.

The rule is 5 votes so if you have more than 5, i will only count the first 5. If i can not identify whether that is a buff or a nerf i will skip that and take the next one.

Karax buff, this has been beat to death.
Vorazun buff, she is rusty.
Abathur nerf, but something small; something symbiote related.
Stukov buff, can we get the bunkers back?
Swann buff, mostly because I had a vote to burn.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I think in order of most necessary (IMO).

1. Zeratul Nerf
  2. Karax Buff
  3. H&H Buff
  4. Abathur Nerf
  5. Stukov Buff, but not by giving him more units.

Karax & Han aren’t weak commanders, but they both have drawbacks that should probably be re-evaluated. Karax’s speed, offense, & adaptability. Idk w/ H&H, something seems amiss with H&H but I can’t put my thumb on it. I am rethinking him. Maybe I should have picked Vorazun instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

Stukov needed the nerf to bunker and buff to mech, but instead Bunker is still the optimal choice despite it being very weak now, because mech is still weaker.

Zeratul not only has the lowest skill floor and learning curve with his cannon playstyle, but his cannons also have immunity from many mutations allowing Zeratul to reward players for being mediocre and not learning how to adapt.

Abathur needs a very slight nerf. Typically, to reach his potential, a player needs to be very skilled at the hero, so a nerf shouldn’t punish players for trying hard and getting good at abathur (i.e. Speedrunners). Instead Abathur has the strongest lategame, which should be addressed. This wasn’t an issue until Horner’s units had their supply cost doubled and Stukov had his bunkers smashed with the nerf hammer. Now Abathur’s lategame is an big outlier that is head and shoulders above all other commanders.

Karax buff
Zeratul nerf (cannon…but lesser used top bar needs buffs)
Tychus buff (on the lesser used outlaws)

*most nerfs should probably be accompanied by buffs on less used aspects of the commander, making it an overall nerf

Having played Karax’ units nearly exclusively (instead of tower-defense), what is really limitting is that the cost of the units are still quite elevated despite full mastery, but most of all, the cooldowns are fixed in stone. Therefore, even though asking for a greater decrease in units cost from Power set 1 (Reduced Combat Unit Cost) might be too much, an additional feature to that mastery that ressembles sinatrA’s Power set 2 Ability Cooldown reduction is definitly needed. For instance, immortals’ shadow cannons, a feature unique to Karax and great against both air & ground and objectives, would benefit greatly. But also for Fortification Barrier of shield batteries, energizers’ Reclamation, etc…

Karax buff
Alarak buff
H&H buff
Tychus buff - just Blaze, maybe Nikara
Small Vorazun buff

Karax buff
Zeratul Nerf
Tychus Nerf
H&H buff
Swann Buff

:point_right: Karax - Buff x 5 :point_left:

7 Likes

Zeratul - nerf
Abathur - nerf
Karax - Buff
Stukov - Buff
Amon - Buff (Brutal+ pls)

2 Likes

Raynor - Buff for early game(Baseline Orbital command would be nice)
Karax - Buff(I think he needs sweeping buff across several aspects)
Swann - Buff for early game econ
Zeratul - Nerf to cannon+monolith
Dehaka - Nerf to psionic explosion

4 Likes

Stukov buff (revert bunker nerf, improve banshees)
Karax buff (reducing cost of all research, removing unit tax, new mastery)
Alarak buff (to mech, and calldown, maybe mobility)
Raynor buff (would love to see the ancient double mule brought back)
H&H buff (removing mine gas cost, and give galleons regen)

3 Likes

Abathur buff
Zeratul buff

1 Like

Yes, just look at those Abathur skinny arms. He needs to take a hint from Artanis and get to serious work on himself.

4 Likes

Exactly, it’s what he’s eating all the time that’s the problem. Instead of bugs he should be dining on some proper juicy, marbled beef, like a good rib-eye! :cow:

2 Likes

Artanis Buff
Karak Buff
Stukov Buff
Zeratul Nerf
Alarak Buff