OccamsLaser disconnections

Same here. No other issues in any other game or function in my computer. Between 5-10 minutes in, my game just disconnects and I get the “Attempting to reconnect” window, no matter how long I wait, all I can do is surrender.

Ran a continuous ping to battle.net while playing, no packet loss.
Searched for this issue all over, found some people having the problem since a patch back in 2019, followed all recommended actions Blizz gave there (like checking firewalls, port forwards, all that, 3rd party programs, etc).

Seems to happen in two out of three games I play, no matter the time of day. Been going on for three days now.

Would love to see a blue response to this, as it’s only reinforcing my disappointment in blizzard games of late…

Hey there,

Disconnections like this can be caused by a lot of different things. Sometimes it can be difficult to track down the case if the basic steps aren’t working, but we’re glad to help if we can get some more information from you.

Instead of running a continuous ping I’d recommend using WinMTR.

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Type the IP address 24.105.30.129 in the “Host” field.
  6. Click on “Start” and then launch the game. Allow the test to run for at least 10 minutes minimum, run it for the duration of a match where you experience a disconnect. Click on “Stop” when you’re done playing after you have experienced the latency or connection issue.
  7. Click on “Copy Text to Clipboard”, paste the results here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow links.