Nova P1 Charge bug

Context: Nova’s Prestige 1 should allow all barracks units to have a 150s charge, a 50% reduction in cooldown.

Bug: Sometimes, randomly, some units in the first structure built (the one that should have reduced charges), will have a charge that has a doubled (yes) cooldown.

I finally have a replay that visualizes this bug pretty clearly. In this game, I have a barracks that produces two sets of ghosts by 7:06 only to be met with a cooldown of 212s on ghosts, the most visual representation of the bug that I could get without cucking my macro harder.

ht tps://drop.sc/replay/16469015

Other example where I lose a ghost charge, probably because the same thing happened:

ht tps://drop.sc/replay/16469014

ht tps://drop.sc/replay/16469028

This is a bug that has existed for awhile, and while it doesn’t completely break bio builds, it is extremely detrimental if it happens to mech nova, because those extra charges of tanks/hellbats/ravens/liberators is a big deal. If Blizzard needs more replay examples with Factory and Starport start builds, i will be happy to grind them out and name the replays and add them to the report.

Even though this may only cuck you out of one charge, this bug is still really disheartening because you miss out on the rewarding feeling of having a certain amount of stuff by a certain time in game, which is core to RTS empowerment. It’s also a bug that has existed ever since the Nova P1 Rework in early August. Please fix it if you can.

2 Likes

And more than a year later this bug is still there. The first 2 marines I make are fine, but the 3rd is often a 300 seconds cooldown.