Nova covert Ops Xanthos Brutal"bug"? or just trolling me?

Is the xanthos supposed to do 200 area effect damage on brutal difficulty? It’s nuts. It blasts battlecruisers to bets, much less anything else. I’m notwhere near beating it on Brutal

I don’t know whether this is a bug, or if the map developers just troll you and kill your whole army sometimes. Sometimes the xanthos misses me, but sometimes it smokes my whole army in like literlaly 2 seconds flat. Is that su[pposed to happen?

I’ve beaten it on Hard and that was hard enough, but Brutal the final mission seems impossible because each Xanthose weapon has 1750HP and it smokes your whole army instantly once all the parts are assembled.

If the damage is intentionally designed to do that, then this is the hardest PvE map I’ve ever seen. My goodness. I have no clue how to beat the map on brutal if this isn’t a bug…

for the record, I’m not a noob. I’m Platinum/diamond 1vs1 in spite of low apm. I won the hard difficulty 35 supply achievement on “Enemy Intelligence” on the second try.

i just tested this on Casual and the weapons have way less HP and armor, and some of them cannot one-shot units, but reduce units to 1HP on first hit. On hard and brutal, the missile bay one-shots anything except a battlecruiser and it 2-shots battlecruisers.

Each weapon component gets an extra 1 armor and 250 HP per difficulty level, and they do more damage on each difficulty level than the one below too. It looks like on brutal it’s actually doing 250 damage per packet…AOE splash…which means it doesn’t do you any good to buy armor upgrades, because they do not help you survive against the boss.

You have to avoid the missiles. It shows circles on the ground where you should not stand (nor fly above it).
It’s also very possible to finish the mission before Xanthos activates all the weapons - and I think that’s even required for the achievements Bringing Down the Big Guns and I Am…In-Nova-table

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.