Nova Covert Ops | Dark Skies | Fury Of One ability removes Nova's auto attack

Problem Summary
Nova loses her ability to auto attack after using the Fury of One ability in the Nova Covert Ops mission “Dark Skies”. This happens when using the experimental weapon gathered in the previous mission “In the Enemy’s Shadows”.

Steps to Reproduce

1. In the equipment loadout for Nova before starting the mission, equip the Blazefire Gunblade weapon. Additionally, I also had the Pulse Grenade gadget, Apollo Infantry Suit, and Indoctrination Visor equipped.

2. Nova should have her auto attack still available at this point. Use Fury of One on some enemy units, then afterwards notice Nova can’t auto attack.

3 Likes

Same issue here. Been happening for about month.

1 Like

Yep. I discovered this bug, too. Hope it gets fixed soon. I only recently got and played Nova: Covert Ops for the first time and played it, so I’ve never actually been able to properly try out the Blazefire Gunblade, ever.

I really hope this is fixed soon.

Also happens to me :confused:

Anyone know if this is fixed yet?

Duplicate of Nova Covert Ops - Nova Loses Attack with Blazefire Gunblade

But yes, it does need to be fixed, especially as it’s a secret weapon that is meant to be fun to use.

Is there any fix to this, or workaround?

As far as I know, there is no workaround except to use a different weapon, which kind of sucks.

I estimate this bug to be severity level 3 (Medium), since while it doesn’t cause a crash (1 (Critical)) or make the game impossible to complete (2 (High)), it does adversely affect gameplay.

I went into the editor and fixed it on a copy of the nova maps. Afaik you can’t fix it for the actual campaign but here’s the data value that causes the problem and how to fix it.

1 Like

Okay, c’mon Blizz. Fix this one already. Someone already figured out how; just do it.