No portrait unlocks for completing WoL on Brutal

I’ve previously completed WoL on the EU gateway and got the unlocks fine. That’s over a decade ago though.
But I recently completed WoL on the North America gateway, and while I did get the Jim Raynor portrait unlock, I did not get the Sarah Kerrigan and Arcturus Mengsk portraits associated with completing all 29 missions on Brutal. (Mengsk for Hard.) So that includes the secret mission and the 3 alternate missions. I’ve checked over a dozen times now, each mission has a timestamp on Brutal.

I’ve meantime continued the HotS campaign and am getting unlocks as appropriate.

Wouldn’t be posting if I didn’t find it important so I would appreciate any help.

Raynor is for “completing the campaign”, but the other portraits require to complete “all missions of the campaign at a difficulty level”.
So the Raynor portrait unlocking may not help to pinpoint the issue.

What about the Warfield portrait (completion at “Normal”), did you get it?

Other than that, maybe the time stamps are cached locally, and can get assigned even if connection was cut and a win didn’t count.
Maybe you can try the “delete Battle.net cache” thing to see if it fix things or reveal where the issue is?

That’s what I can think of. Good luck.

Have you checked the Brutal and Hard achievements themselves to make sure they both have checkmarks next to all of the missions?

Thank you, this has helped me pinpoint the mission that for some reason did not register as a brutal win. (The Dig.)

And indeed, I did not get the General Warfield portrait either.

I will see if I still have a save or otherwise redo the mission and this will likely solve the issue.

No problem!

If you have finished up to at least The Dig on the current playthrough, you should be able to access it from the archives.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.